Version 1.6.2

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

salvanost

Re: Version 1.6.2

Post by salvanost »

cannot connect to internet with
gargoyle_1.6.2-ar71xx-generic-wzr-hp-g300nh2-squashfs-sysupgrade

i got problem with 1.5.10 with frequent dc + need to restart modem when the problem occured

after successfully upgrade the firmware
no problem for about 5 minutes, and then i cannot connect to internet at all

revert back to
gargoyle_1.5.11-ar71xx-generic-wzr-hp-g300nh2-squashfs-sysupgrade
no problem with connecting to the internet...

Wrt54gTM

WRT54G TM gargoyle 1.6.2

Post by Wrt54gTM »

Just upgraded firmware from 1.2.5 to 1.6.2 on my Linksys WRT54GTM.

I installed the gargoyle_1.6.2-wrt54g-squashfs.bin from router update page, all went well. I updated because i could not access https login page on firefox or chrome on the old version.

Just wanted to let you guys know all good for this router so far, will update after a week of use. Thanks for the best router firmware ever :D

valentt

Post by valentt »

chigo58 wrote:loaded 1.6.2 on 1043ND (1.7) from stock. also applied this hack http://luci.subsignal.org/~jow/reghack/old/ - haven't applied the noscan fix tho.

No issues or complaints with AP wireless so far ;)
Why do you apply reghack? What do you gain with it? Stability or some additional feature?

Wrt54gTM

Post by Wrt54gTM »

Ok so i have been running this firmware for a month now and there is one MAJOR flaw :cry:

If i connec directly to modem via cable i can get speedtest.net result of 16Mbps, but if i connect to the internet wirelessly through the gargoyle router with 1.6.2 firmware i only get 10Mbps. Thats a 40% speed drop.

Ive tried to go back to an older version like 1.4.7 but it wont install. how can i revert back?

DoesItMatter

Post by DoesItMatter »

Wrt54gTM wrote:Ok so i have been running this firmware for a month now and there is one MAJOR flaw :cry:

If i connec directly to modem via cable i can get speedtest.net result of 16Mbps, but if i connect to the internet wirelessly through the gargoyle router with 1.6.2 firmware i only get 10Mbps. Thats a 40% speed drop.

Ive tried to go back to an older version like 1.4.7 but it wont install. how can i revert back?
It is not a flaw... it is overhead.

The newer versions have more features, more capability, etc.

This being the case, they take more CPU.

All traffic uses CPU, so if your CPU is being used by the firmware,
your traffic will go down.

What router do you have?

You may have to flash back to stock or DD-WRT,
then flash back to Gargoyle older version (do NOT save config)

You risk a corrupted install if you keep newer settings on older flash
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

LHoust

Post by LHoust »

On Multi-Boot Machines (Windows/Linux) using Local BIOS Time (instead of GMT BIOS Time) can lead to Multiple Time Corrections when the Switch to/from Daylight Savings Time occurs... Although normally I catch this, today I missed the BIOS Time on my Laptop being an "Extra" Hour Early!!! This effected access of the Gargoyle (1.6.2) Interface of my TL-WR941ND Router... Although the Password was being accepted on the Login Page, attempting to access any other Page would take me right back to the Login Page, behaving as if my Brand NEW Session had already Expired!!! Once the Laptop's "Extra" Hour Early was corrected, the "Problem" was Resolved... Browsers effected where Chrome and Firefox, while Internet Explorer was NOT... Curious to know whether this issue was with the Gargoyle Firmware or these particular Browsers???

NOTE: Reason for having Downgraded to Gargoyle 1.6.2, I was losing some of my 100 DHCP Entries with Gargoyle 1.8.0...

VAMET

Post by VAMET »

Dear Friends

I have used 1.6.2 up to 1.10.0 and from my personal experience for router TL-WR1043ND v2 the best firmware is 1.6.2. Only with this firmware I have got 250/20Mbps without any problems. In other firmwares the higher number the lower bandwidth. In the last firmware 1.10.0 I have only 160/20Mbps.

So I need to sorry with 1.6.2 and use it again, of course I disabled Bandwidth Monitor via ssh in all firmwares, because if it is enabled, I cannot achieve 250/20Mbps even with firmware 1.6.2.

As for WiFi, I also applied hack from http://luci.subsignal.org/~jow/reghack/ to enable 13th channel. Now my WiFi bandwidth is acceptable and stable.

Sincerely
VAMET