Version 1.6.2

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

victor

Re: Version 1.6.2

Post by victor »

Hello

I'm having TP-Link TL-WR741N v 2.4

So far everything works very very good. Much better than dd-wrt. Unfortunatelly there is one issue... and i'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong or is this a bug.

It's about Dynamic DNS services. I've tried freedns.afraid.org and i just cant set it up. Or there are weird errors or its saving configuration infinite amount of time until i give up and open a new tab or power off/on router. I've tried also duckdns.org and was exactly the same issue.
Can please somebody help.

Thanks a lot.

vladtheodor

Post by vladtheodor »

victor wrote:Hello

I'm having TP-Link TL-WR741N v 2.4

So far everything works very very good. Much better than dd-wrt. Unfortunatelly there is one issue... and i'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong or is this a bug.

It's about Dynamic DNS services. I've tried freedns.afraid.org and i just cant set it up. Or there are weird errors or its saving configuration infinite amount of time until i give up and open a new tab or power off/on router. I've tried also duckdns.org and was exactly the same issue.
Can please somebody help.

Thanks a lot.
Try dnsomatic with opendns servers. Or edit at your PC - "hosts" file (Hostsman + MHT hosts updater) for blocking ads, banners, other unwanted websites or malware... For smoother packets-traffic...

In hostsman do not update all servers (like hp), replace IP's 127.0.0.1 in 0.0.0.0 and rearrange hosts - 9 per line. You can flush DNS cache in your computer too. Better in router for all clients... :D

Copy/upload in WinSCP your new hosts file as "HOSTS" besides existing "hosts"-file, go to "/etc/config/dhcp", edit "dhcp"-file and put this line ( list addnhosts '/etc/HOSTS' ) under "config dnsmasq". My HOSTS-file have 1,5 MB, not much space for another gargoyle-plugins... :D If you try to install/upgrade a new image delete this file first (for space).

Use your provider's dns-servers with the new hosts file.
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1

jiade8

Post by jiade8 »

Hi,
Everyone know when Eric will release the next version of Gargoyle? Are additional routers supported?
Thank you!

scrmtrey

Post by scrmtrey »

later this month
wdr3600 v1.5 @ Latest ispyisail build

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

scrmtrey wrote:later this month
maybe

oc2001

Post by oc2001 »

using latest build from ispy on my WZR-HP-G300NH
upgrade from 1.6.1 with attemp to preserve settings and all go right... except router cannot auto-update with server time list ( custom one )

wifi is little better than 1.6.1 but way lower troghoutput than 1.4.7 firmware.

no words on stability since it's only up from 3 day ( i consider stable if no problems occur in 30 days, reliable if no problem in 90 days )

i noticed that with 40MHZ low chain ( channel 10 + 6 ) wifi performance are better than up chain ( channel 7 + 11 )

hoping for a fix in wifi performance..
WZR-HP-G300NH w Gargoyle 1.5.6
WHR-G125 w Tomato 1.28ND
WRE54G w DD-WRT v24sp2 b13064

AM200 w stock

jwhipp

Post by jwhipp »

Fellow Gargoyles,
I'm very interested in upgrading to the latest 1.6.2 release, but have flashed my TPLink WR1043ND v1.7 a number of times and cannot seem to get right of the drops in wireless, DHCP problems, etc. I've updated to 1.6.X from ispyasail, but did me no good either.

I'm ready to purchase a new router device in hopes that it will be functional with this latest update. Any recommendations on which device/model? Which seems to be the most stable for everyone? I really like the TPLink WR1043ND v1 and am considering v2. Any reporting problems with it? I'd like to get this up and running by Thanksgiving to enjoy the Hawks/Niners game on Turkey day. Go Hawks!

Thanks for the recs.

jwhipp
TP-Link Archer C5 AC1200 v1.2
Gargoyle 1.7.1

widesreen

Post by widesreen »

Well I have the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1.1 and pretty happy with it since 1.6.2!
Flawless working Router. No wireless issues, no dhcp issues etc

gumball3000

Post by gumball3000 »

@jwhipp buy the new WR1043ND V2

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

widesreen wrote:Well I have the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1.1 and pretty happy with it since 1.6.2!
Flawless working Router. No wireless issues, no dhcp issues etc
My TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1 running 1.6.2 had been having this reboot behavior though
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=6&t=5528

This bug might be related to the fact that I had configured the router to reboot daily, forcing the router to write usage data to ROM. Without daily reboot, it seems to work ok. Though TL-WR1043ND v2 on the same v1.6.2 Gargoyle ROM don't have such problem even with daily reboot.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.