Version 1.5.11 - Translations

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

SergeS

Re: Version 1.5.11 - Translations

Post by SergeS »

Hello everybody.

just switched from 1.5.10 to 1.5.11, router is netgear wndr3700v2.
Have noticed problem with remote web admin. It sets to HTTP (not HTTPS) and remote port 8081 - not working, no connection. Local administering is ok. I did preserve all settings from 1.5.10. When i was trying to refresh remote web admin settings and set it temporary to port 8080, save and restore after that to 8081 again, - remote administering begun working for few minutes and failed again after.

Anybody could confirm?

olo

Post by olo »

BashfulBladder wrote:Try a different browser. I've given up using Safari for flashing, even though I use it for every other Gargoyle web page.
After providing firstboot command and reboot I was able to upgrade using IE. I didn't even bother selecting "Attempt to Preserve Settings".

After "successful" upgrade I see this:

How to fix that?
Best regards,
Olo
---
Asus WL-500-gP V2 @ v1.7.0 - WiFi - unable to enable.
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND - so far so good :)

BashfulBladder

Post by BashfulBladder »

olo wrote:How to fix that?
I don't know how it happened, but you can fix it by ssh into your router &:

Code: Select all

uci set gargoyle.display.system_usb_storage='USB Storage'
uci commit gargoyle
TP-Link WDR3600 v1.1 running 1.5.10+ L10n-English (Built 20130922 - OpenWrt r38093)
TP-Link WDR4300 running 1.5.10+ i18n-English (Built 20131010 - OpenWrt r38286)

https://github.com/BashfulBladder/gargoyle-plugins/wiki

omiez

Post by omiez »

Phoebus wrote:Ok i've upgraded my Buffalo 300nh and my WNDR3700v2 from 1.5.10 to 1.5. 11 and preserved settings. No issues noted yet.

Just wondering how miniDLNA works with a rather large collection of music and movie files. I installed miniDLNA (or was it some other DLNA server) on Gargoyle about a year ago and it had problems 'cause not enough space to store the meta-data database when there are lots of media files. How does this implementation go? Is the database stored on the attached storage or on the very limited internal storage?
Same problem here on WDR4300 DLNA in Plugins is saying: Package Cannot Be Installed (Insufficient Disk Space)

?????

Tank_Killer

Post by Tank_Killer »

SergeS wrote:Hello everybody.

Have noticed problem with remote web admin. It sets to HTTP (not HTTPS) and remote port 8081 - not working, no connection. Local administering is ok. I did preserve all settings from 1.5.10. When i was trying to refresh remote web admin settings and set it temporary to port 8080, save and restore after that to 8081 again, - remote administering begun working for few minutes and failed again after.

Anybody could confirm?
I have the same issue on my wndr3700v1 actually. in chrome and IE. Just never reported, didn't think it was too huge of a deal.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I have the same issue on my wndr3700v1 actually. in chrome and IE. Just never reported, didn't think it was too huge of a deal.
only firefox and vlc player work as per

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=6&t=4870

Tank_Killer

Post by Tank_Killer »

ispyisail wrote:

Was referring to web admin page not webcam

I disabled my antivirus and it worked, my AV is NOD32.

marto

Post by marto »

omiez wrote:
Phoebus wrote:Ok i've upgraded my Buffalo 300nh and my WNDR3700v2 from 1.5.10 to 1.5. 11 and preserved settings. No issues noted yet.

Just wondering how miniDLNA works with a rather large collection of music and movie files. I installed miniDLNA (or was it some other DLNA server) on Gargoyle about a year ago and it had problems 'cause not enough space to store the meta-data database when there are lots of media files. How does this implementation go? Is the database stored on the attached storage or on the very limited internal storage?
Same problem here on WDR4300 DLNA in Plugins is saying: Package Cannot Be Installed (Insufficient Disk Space)

?????
You can choose to install it on the attached storage. Then it works.

SergeS

Post by SergeS »

ispyisail wrote:

Nothing with webcams, i am talking about web admin (remote).
Tried with last Google Ghrome, IE8 (both with Symantec Endpoint AV protection) and native browser on my android phone (with no any antivirus installed) - same result, can not connect.

SergeS

Post by SergeS »

Tank_Killer wrote:
SergeS wrote:Hello everybody.

Anybody could confirm?
Was it working on 1.5.10? Mine was working (I believe :-) )... May be on weekend will try to rollback and confirm/deny.