Fon2/Fon+ Problem Resolved (I think)

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin

Fon2/Fon+ Problem Resolved (I think)

Post by Eric »

I believe I've identified and corrected the problem many people are experiencing with the Fon+ and Fon 2 routers. At least, I have implemented a solution that works perfectly on my Fon2. Since I do not own a Fon+ I can't be certain that issues with this router are fixed. I have uploaded new Beta 4 firmware images, which contain the new fix.

This bug prevents the network from restarting correctly in Fon+ and Fon2 devices, and is present in all versions of OpenWrt after r13077 in the OpenWrt svn trunk. To fix the problem, replace line 94 of the /lib/network/config.sh file, which is now:
ifconfig $iface 0.0.0.0
with this:
ifconfig "$iface" down

I've also uploaded patched but otherwise unmodified OpenWrt images for Atheros. This is in case anyone wants a working version of OpenWrt for Fon+/Fon2 without the Gargoyle interface. Patched OpenWrt source code is also available for download. This code was checked out from the 8.09 branch of the OpenWrt SVN, revision 13988, the same revision Beta 4 is based on.

If anyone has any further problems with this code on a Fon2 or a Fon+ please contact me right away.