Version 1.5.10

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin

Version 1.5.10

Post by Eric »

This release has been a long time in development, and comes with the final release of OpenWrt Attitude adjustment and a brand new (back-end) package manager implemenation, written from scratch, hence the delay. The default OpenWrt package manager, opkg, has been replaced with gpkg, a package manager that is compatible with opkg, but smaller and with some new features absent in opkg. End users may not see much difference, but this will allow the plugin system to function more smoothly and allow development of new plugins in the future.

The main advantages of gpkg over opkg are that it:
  • Can handle installation of a large packages to a usb stick and automatically symlink to root (this was previously done with ugly and slow shell scripting)
  • Warns users if they are installing a package that has dependencies that exceed the available disk space -- opkg only checked the size of a package, not its dependencies and is notorious for crashing in the middle of a package install due to lack of disk space.
  • Output can be provided in multiple forms including the default opkg format as well as javascript variables and JSON, this replaces the supplementary opkg-more command included in Gargoyle 1.5.9
In addition to the new package manager, there are also new plugins available. In particular, the WifiSchedule plugin is an incredibly slick way of scheduling wireless uptime written by forum user BashfulBladder. Along with this, "webshell" and "logread" plugins are included for running a shell in the browser and easily accessing raw system logs.

Several major OpenVPN bugfixes are included in this release as well -- if you have been having problems with OpenVPN it may be worth upgrading.

New in 1.5.10:
  • OpenWrt updated to final version of Attitude Adjustment
  • New backend plugin manager, gpkg
  • New plugins wifi-schedule (thanks BashfulBladder), logread and webshell
  • OpenVPN server bugfixes
  • Support for Tp-Link MR3220 v2 and MR34220 v2
  • Fixes for 3g usb wireless support
  • Multiple improvements to QoS
  • Updated tor and miniupnp to latest versions
  • Display switch information indicating witch lan ports are up and connected on overview page
  • Some optimization of image files to save space
  • Fixed some file permissions issues with ftp access to usb storage
  • Numerous typo/cosmetic fixes

m43t128

Re: Version 1.5.10

Post by m43t128 »

Thanks a lot!

demoralized

Post by demoralized »

Will flash today on my WR1043ND ver.1.10

pc168

Post by pc168 »

Gargoyle provides regular updates, very nice ;)

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the support of netgear wndr3700v4 :)

jorgecorazondeleon

Post by jorgecorazondeleon »

Installed in wr1043nd v1.8 from Gargoyle-ispy 2013-May-19
In test.
Gargoyle is far, the best firmware. :)
Thanks Eric!
PD: Since Attitude Adjustment (12.09) final Support for 6RD configuration
Is there a chance of any plugin for 6to4 or 6RD?
Last edited by jorgecorazondeleon on Tue May 21, 2013 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

SebbesApa

Post by SebbesApa »

Flash this on my wndr3700v1. Working so far.

Did not try to preserve settings but i did the "Backup / Restore" under the "System" settings and it worked.

Hoodoos

Post by Hoodoos »

Installed on WNDR3700v1. Attempt to Preserve Settings was completely successful. Everything seems smooth and stable. Thank you for the new release.

ng3700v2

Post by ng3700v2 »

Just installed on my WNDR3700v2 and is working like a charm so far.
Upgrade process was successful as well, but I manually re-entered the settings as it only takes a minute...

Kudos on the continued work on this project as it is by far the best among the many I have experimented with.

Post by 824626242 »

good job! hello, I'm waiting my router TP-LINK WR720N (just one more LAN than WR703N, many users too) supported by Gargoyle :cry: I like Gargoyle very very much! I'll appreciate you greatly.

saint056a

Post by saint056a »

Hello, i just tried 1.5.10 on tp-link 1043nd. It have some very good new stuff. I find one bug (i think), when the router is in Wireless Bridge/Repeater mode, lan port indicator on overview page is dissapeared.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us