Version 1.5.9 - Plugins Interface

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

darkph

Re: Version 1.5.9 - Plugins Interface

Post by darkph »

buddee wrote:
SirLancelot1982 wrote:In every Gargolye version I install I use "Scheduled Reboot" function.

I set it every time to reboot my device:

Every week -> Wednesday -> XX:XX AM

Today after work I figured out that router is rebooted as I scheduled but without any WiFi. Even WiFi LED on the front panel of the device was not active.

I will try "Scheduled Reboot" with different settings. Could somebody test it too and write how it works on Gargoyle 1.5.9?
Using 1.5.9 on a wzr-hp-g300nh with it setup in client+ap mode, not the same setup as yours but when i rebooted it this morning, same instance, booted back up with no wireless, and no matter what i did (turn wireless off then back on etc), i couldn't get the wireless back going till i reset and started from scratch. I thought it was a fluke so i tried it again just a few minutes ago, same thing, when i rebooted the unit, it comes back up with no wireless.
I have similar issue - after shut down router at night , and start up on the next day morning - the WIFI not starts up.
I must switch off router manually , and switch on again to start up the WIFI. Do you have any ideas how to fix it ? ( TP-Link TL-WR1043N )

behappy

Post by behappy »

darkph wrote:
buddee wrote:
SirLancelot1982 wrote:In every Gargolye version I install I use "Scheduled Reboot" function.

I set it every time to reboot my device:

Every week -> Wednesday -> XX:XX AM

Today after work I figured out that router is rebooted as I scheduled but without any WiFi. Even WiFi LED on the front panel of the device was not active.

I will try "Scheduled Reboot" with different settings. Could somebody test it too and write how it works on Gargoyle 1.5.9?
Using 1.5.9 on a wzr-hp-g300nh with it setup in client+ap mode, not the same setup as yours but when i rebooted it this morning, same instance, booted back up with no wireless, and no matter what i did (turn wireless off then back on etc), i couldn't get the wireless back going till i reset and started from scratch. I thought it was a fluke so i tried it again just a few minutes ago, same thing, when i rebooted the unit, it comes back up with no wireless.
I have similar issue - after shut down router at night , and start up on the next day morning - the WIFI not starts up.
I must switch off router manually , and switch on again to start up the WIFI. Do you have any ideas how to fix it ? ( TP-Link TL-WR1043N )
Get SSH access to yr router (ex. winscp) then run wifi from console. Here can you check yr setup correct or no.
I had the same probl. w. some of my earlier setups (mismatch about signal power, channel). By using SSH I got resolved the probl.

vobo

Post by vobo »

@Eric
Why there's no x86/Alix 1.5.9 images?
Anyway thanks for your great piece of soft.
Maciek

thormolecules

Post by thormolecules »

yc3948 wrote:
thormolecules wrote:Stupid question:

Where do we go to get plugins? I understand the feature is relatively new (at least in terms of the GUI) so I imagine there aren't many available.

Still, I thought I'd ask.
Has GUI on plugins.sh

Plugin Sources:
Name
attitude_adjustment
http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_a ... c/packages Preset
gargoyle
http://www.gargoyle-router.com/packages ... 1.6/ar71xx Preset

Add Name:
Add URL:
I'm an idiot. I never thought to hit "Refresh Plugins." I thought that just refreshed the currently installed plugins instead of providing a list of those you could install. FYI, I also had to reboot the router before 'System/Themes' appeared for me (not sure if that's normal or not).

Tinkering is fun, aint it? :D

AVSTDR

Post by AVSTDR »

yc3948 wrote:
AVSTDR wrote:I can't use IPTV with router over cable and wi-fi. Is it possible in 1.5.9 firmware? What i need to do (may be install some plugins).
It works on stock firmware without any proxy. Am I need to configure something?
I'm use TL-WR1043ND v1
which FW you use now? I test on 1.4.7 and 1.5.9 all working
Using 1.5.9. The same was on 1.5.8. Maybe it is operator problem... Try to solve.
And just 2 questions
1. How to use lan scanner (part of MFD Epson). It works on stock with special software from tp-link (just need to mount scanner every time after reboot for make scan). But this soft of course don't work with Gargoyle firmware.
2. Can't mount network drive. After entering web address ( like \\...\.. ) Win7 x86 wrote, that can't to connect to web disk (disk is on provider/operator server). Provider says it is port forwarding problem.Which port i need to allow (provider can't help)

Thank's

7PBHChD

Re: Version 1.5.9 - OpenVPN

Post by 7PBHChD »

yc3948 wrote:yes I can use WinSCP access restriction.sh on the router /www/restriction.sh and on internet web browsing

Code: Select all

#!/usr/bin/haserl
............p "restriction"
?>
7PBHChD wrote:
yc3948 wrote:Sorry I'm not understand this... But I know gargoyle allow you use ssh into the router make the change include all system file. I use WinSCP to make the change, and PuTTY for the command
Do you restrict access here http://192.168.1.1/restriction.sh by default?
No. I mean did you go to the web link I gave and denied access to your clients or any of your router clients have access through the router?
My fault was I deny all access except for certain clients.
So I permitted OpenVPN client address on that page to allow him have access to the Internet.
If you did not restrict access and your OpenVPN client still not go through your router you can change route in /etc/config/ccd/<Nameofyourclientnconfg> from 'push "route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 10.8.0.1" ' to 'push "route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.8.0.1" '. After that reconnect your OpenVPN clent and check its IP.
Model:TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v1
Gargoyle Version:1.5.X (Built 20130404-0612 git@8db2ea1)

pmerrill

Post by pmerrill »

Bajramo wrote:
Bajramo wrote:I want to ask the developers or the more experienced users.
My router is 1043ND v 1.8 using Gargoyle 1.5.9
While using Wireless N mode at 20 Mhz (150Mbit/s) i have no problems at all. If I use 40 Mhz (300Mbit/s) the wi-fi drops after day or two. I ssh to the router, bring down the wi-fi and then back up and it's working for 2-3 day's.

If i use the wi-fi at 20 Mhz I have no problems.

I just want to mention that I have a cordless phone next to the router. Can that be a problem?

I would like to have the opinion of Eric or some of the developers. Thanks
Still no answer about my problem, please once again.
I did have one of these routers with Gargoyle on it, though not 1.5.9. I always found the hardware underpowered, the CPU did not have the grunt to run my network (I have 100 Mbits down). IMHO, if you have a high speed internet connection, you need good hardware. I went for Netgear 3700v2, which worked really well, no problem on 1.5.8.
Paul
Gargoyle 1.11.x on TP-Link Archer C7 V2 H/W

yc3948

Re: Version 1.5.9 - OpenVPN

Post by yc3948 »

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Thanks for the solution! Did you test it? Is working? I test it now, not on /etc/config/ccd/ is /etc/openvpn/ccd :)

7PBHChD wrote: No. I mean did you go to the web link I gave and denied access to your clients or any of your router clients have access through the router?
My fault was I deny all access except for certain clients.
So I permitted OpenVPN client address on that page to allow him have access to the Internet.
If you did not restrict access and your OpenVPN client still not go through your router you can change route in /etc/config/ccd/<Nameofyourclientnconfg> from 'push "route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 10.8.0.1" ' to 'push "route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.8.0.1" '. After that reconnect your OpenVPN clent and check its IP.
Last edited by yc3948 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (10/31/11) std
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Gargoyle 1.5.9+1f082daf
Linksys WRT54GL Gargoyle 1.4.4
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Gargoyle 1.5.9+1f082daf

yc3948

Post by yc3948 »

1 you need driver for the scanner
2 what "web disk" mean? FTP? And is working before?
AVSTDR wrote:
yc3948 wrote:
AVSTDR wrote:I can't use IPTV with router over cable and wi-fi. Is it possible in 1.5.9 firmware? What i need to do (may be install some plugins).
It works on stock firmware without any proxy. Am I need to configure something?
I'm use TL-WR1043ND v1
which FW you use now? I test on 1.4.7 and 1.5.9 all working
Using 1.5.9. The same was on 1.5.8. Maybe it is operator problem... Try to solve.
And just 2 questions
1. How to use lan scanner (part of MFD Epson). It works on stock with special software from tp-link (just need to mount scanner every time after reboot for make scan). But this soft of course don't work with Gargoyle firmware.
2. Can't mount network drive. After entering web address ( like \\...\.. ) Win7 x86 wrote, that can't to connect to web disk (disk is on provider/operator server). Provider says it is port forwarding problem.Which port i need to allow (provider can't help)

Thank's
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (10/31/11) std
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Gargoyle 1.5.9+1f082daf
Linksys WRT54GL Gargoyle 1.4.4
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Gargoyle 1.5.9+1f082daf

AVSTDR

Post by AVSTDR »

1 you need driver for the scanner
2 what "web disk" mean? FTP? And is working before?
And just 2 questions

Thank's
1. My scanner is part of multi functional device Epson (printer+scanner+copier). it has one usb that connected to router. It is no problem to install printer as network printer 192.168.1.1:9100 using original printer driver, but how i can install network scanner (it is not native windows function network scanner).
2. WebDisk - sorry. In English version it is "network drive". It is possible to add it from My Computer/ Map network drive button (4th button in ribbon) or tools menu. I cheked it without router - now it's can not mount. OK - it is not router fault