Version 1.0.14

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin

Version 1.0.14

Post by Eric »

Version 1.0.14 is now available in the downloads section.

New in v1.0.14:
  • Fixes handling of Marvell switch in Fon+/Fon2 after addition of switch config for DIR300/AR430W in 1.0.13
  • Improve custom date implementation by applying custom format to dates in web monitor and ensuring that two digits are used for month and day, inserting zeros as necessary
  • Improve white-list implementation by making sure block rules always kill TCP connections cleanly
  • Fixes AP+client bug in atheros devices with a more elegant solution than previous versions (which just downgraded madwifi package)
I would appreciate it if those of you who have been helping with the testing of experimental firmware to help solve the AP+client bug could try this new version. It would be helpful if someone could confirm that the new solution I have implemented in this release is working properly.

Also, I have reconstructed a detailed changelog for all previous versions from the SVN revision log, and this is now available in the documentation section.

DoesItMatter

Re: Version 1.0.14

Post by DoesItMatter »

Loading this and doing some testing with a Fonera +

Eric: What's the Atheros Combined image?
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

The combined image is a firmware image produced by newer versions of the OpenWrt buildroot, and I believe it's meant for use with the OpenWrt sysupgrade system. I haven't played with it much, but I'm posting it in the downloads section in case anyone finds it useful.

DoesItMatter

Post by DoesItMatter »

So far - testing on 1.0.14 has AP+Client working

The MAC issue I had posted is no longer there, it shows as a FON

Will update the AP+Client thread after I've had this thing running
for more than 24 hours just to be sure its still working

Awesome work!

----------------------

Edited: Uptime 14+ hours - AP+Client mode still working!
Good solid connection - 1.0.14 loaded on Fonera 2201+
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

alternative

Post by alternative »

Don't know... but on my fonera AP+Client won't work in (wireless-Wan dhcp)-can't get the ip from main router.in static no problem.and the virtual ap no possible when main Ap is not in range or poweroff.thats in all versions.
Some kind of problem with dns in bridged-repeater mode,skype works,but another things like http not,tried even manualy put different dns like mine routers ip,isp dns,opendns,no resolve in any way.
ping from inside of fonera is good.

update: after restoring to defaults all works fine.(exl that no ap possible when main ap is off,no possibility to configure from new wirelessly,only through ethernet.)

p.s. in any way its a great FW..
Last edited by alternative on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

decodecoding

Post by decodecoding »

Hi,

I tried client+ap with Fonera 2100 and so far so good.
Wireless WAN is set to DHCP and AP LAN also with DHCP.

Now testing for hours to see how stable it is.

Courela

Post by Courela »

To alternative:

the problem you're talking about, not beeing able to connect through wireless when main AP is off, is not a bug, it's a feature, at least that's what i've been told on DD-WRT forums. It's common behavior on atheros drivers.

In older versions of DD-WRT (2 years or so), i had a firmware version where tihs didn't happen, but since then it's common behavior.

Cheers
--
Hardware:
FONERAs with DD-WRT
Looking forward to Gargoyle :)

uncle john

Post by uncle john »

Eric: Block rules are killing tcp connections cleanly. Big thank-you :D (see http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 1882#p1882)

fanrizio

Post by fanrizio »

Can I put a plunge router in a router table? I'm very new to routers and I'm not sure of the difference between a plunge router, a stationary router, and a table router. It think a plunge router is able to move up and down while a stationary router stays level and a table router doesn't move but instead the wood itself is moved. Am I right and can a plunge router be made into a stationary router with just an accessory? In the end I need to know if a plunge router can be put into a router table. Thanks.
Last edited by fanrizio on Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

uncle john

Post by uncle john »

:?: :lol:
Look here and here.
BTW. You are more likely to get answers at DIY groups like this.