Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Ciph

Re: Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

Post by Ciph »

Thank you very much for the update. I would just like to say to everyone involved in the Gargoyle/OpenWrt developement that I appreciate your efforts very much you are doing a excellent job. I am using OpenWrt in a all of my routers and they have been up for several hundred days without any issues.

Dev_BR

Post by Dev_BR »

Dev_BR wrote:Hi

What about Restore Old Configuration and Attempt to Preserve Settings from 1.5.7 to 1.5.8 ?

Any success for TL MR3420 ?
Updated it ( TL MR 3420)
For now, all work fine, includdin Preserve Settings from 1.5.7 to 1.5.8.

Just USB FTP share is not present. It may be a hardware limitation, right ?

zulis

Post by zulis »

Can I use gargoyle_1.5.8-brcm47xx-squashfs.trx for the ASUS RT-N16 router?

grtitan

Post by grtitan »

Once again, Eric, thanks for the hard work.

quick question and sorry if it is off topic, but any plans in including a PPTP vpn server?

Or if is already possible to install this, can someone please point me in the right direction?

i tried searching, but couldn't find what im looking for. And my understanding is that such function is available in OpenWRT.

Thanks again for the hard work. :D

Hoggy

Post by Hoggy »

Ciph wrote:Thank you very much for the update. I would just like to say to everyone involved in the Gargoyle/OpenWrt developement that I appreciate your efforts very much you are doing a excellent job. I am using OpenWrt in a all of my routers and they have been up for several hundred days without any issues.
Hear here! Thanks Eric, Paul, and everybody else! I wanted FTP for a while so I could use Directory Opus to access the router's files - and now it's HERE!!! :D

It would be great to have an option soon of controlling how often flash is written to (I have 128M RAM) - and maybe even an option to save the logs somewhere.
<puts head down in shame> :oops: I know - I know.. You guys just get some fairly major Good Stuff(tm) in there and suddenly everybody [like me] is asking and wanting for the kitchen sink to be included... :roll: hehe..

Seriously though - thanks for all your guys' hard work. Keep it up!
Netgear WNDR3800 w/Gargoyle 1.5.8 (using)
Netgear WNDR3700v3 w/Factory FW (now as backup)
Noticed wireless is stronger in WNDR3800 too.

lceron80

Post by lceron80 »

updated wndr3700v1 x2 flawlessly

updated wndr3700v2 from dd-wrt in emergency console via tftp and freaked me out because power led flashed orange/green for about 15 secs but then everything returned to normal with the gargoyle gui. :P

thanks to the entire gargoyle team for making this firmware top notch and filled with needed features. this thing gets better and better with every release...
1x wndr3700v4 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr3800 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr4300v1 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndrmacv2 exp. 1.9.x

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

might be a problem assigning static IP address to some devices?

I rebooted all devices and it still won't pick up the static IP address

UPDATE

I left the router for a few hours and its come right?

I would have thought it would have been instant?

kwolf

Post by kwolf »

I can't upgrade my TP-Link TL1043ND v1.7. When I try, it gets stuck on the screen that says it's upgrading with the little circle and it stays there forever. I waited over 15 minutes. I tried with two different browsers on two machines, all without attempting to preserve settings. The machine that the upgrade is initiated from can no longer access the Internet until the router is rebooted, and the router is not upgraded after the reboot.

Does this have something to do with me using the original 1.5.7 image before it was re-released? I downloaded it and flashed it before any comments were made on the 1.5.7 post, and I saw there were some comments that the firmware was pulled and re-uploaded with a critical fix for firmware update problems. If so, is there a way for me around this or am I stuck on 1.5.7 for the time being? (not complaining, 1.5.7 was the best version yet for me)

yeti_z

Post by yeti_z »

Hi,

Is the new FTP functionality in 1.5.8 supposed to work also from internet? So far I was able to only run it in LAN. Inside local network it works great and is looking simply beautiful, but from outside LAN port 21 is closed.

As a workaround I tried (sth weird):
1. port 21 forwarding to router ip - no luck.
2. Seting DMZ to router ip - no luck.

FTP is still visible only on internal network. Did I miss some configuration step? Or is this expected behaviour right now?

Kind Regards,
Yeti_z

lceron80

Post by lceron80 »

Dev_BR wrote:
Dev_BR wrote:Hi

What about Restore Old Configuration and Attempt to Preserve Settings from 1.5.7 to 1.5.8 ?

Any success for TL MR3420 ?
Updated it ( TL MR 3420)
For now, all work fine, includdin Preserve Settings from 1.5.7 to 1.5.8.

Just USB FTP share is not present. It may be a hardware limitation, right ?
have you inserted a usb drive?
1x wndr3700v4 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr3800 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr4300v1 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndrmacv2 exp. 1.9.x