full config need please help
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (10/31/11) std
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Gargoyle 1.5.9+1f082daf
Linksys WRT54GL Gargoyle 1.4.4
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Gargoyle 1.5.9+1f082daf

mix

Re: Version 1.5.5: OpenVPN

Post by mix »

Sounds like the easy fix is to use the stock or different firmware.
Dude_Virus wrote:Guys i desperately need help..i installed the 1.5.5 and again even after providing the wan ip etc in the router, i am not getting internet...the wan light stays off without any internet connection. My setup is a static wired connection and i have entered all the details properly. But after saving the settings it does not detect the connection. I can confirm that the wan port is fine as on the stock firmware the router works fine and it detects the internet connection. This confirms that there is no mac address blocking by my modem. I have even power cycled the modem...any information as to how to resolve this.
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

yc3948 wrote:
ispyisail wrote:My OpenVPN work perfect to my knowledge

ubnt RSpro to TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1-1.8
full config need please help
Every network is different,

Dude_Virus

Post by Dude_Virus »

mix wrote:Sounds like the easy fix is to use the stock or different firmware.
Dude_Virus wrote:Guys i desperately need help..i installed the 1.5.5 and again even after providing the wan ip etc in the router, i am not getting internet...the wan light stays off without any internet connection. My setup is a static wired connection and i have entered all the details properly. But after saving the settings it does not detect the connection. I can confirm that the wan port is fine as on the stock firmware the router works fine and it detects the internet connection. This confirms that there is no mac address blocking by my modem. I have even power cycled the modem...any information as to how to resolve this.
The stock works fine but has issues regarding low wireless signal strength and also it keeps on disconnecting my dell streak constantly stating wlan rejected incorrect security. What i dont understand is that gargoyle was working fine on the router and then suddenly it died and now it doesnt want to work.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Regarding issues with Tor config -- I don't think the config file structure changed in this version, but there were major differences between versions prior to 1.5.4 and versions 1.5.4 and after. If you want to update Tor config without wiping settings you can replace /etc/config/tor with the file you can download here. That will reset the tor settings to defaults without affecting anything else.

g12345, gritan: I am having trouble reproducing the "nothing happens when OpenVPN save button is pressed" bug being reported below. It's possible that this is browser specific, since it sounds like something may be going wrong with the javascript if the screen doesn't even darken. Or does it darken and not work when this bug is triggered? Please provide as many details as possible here, in particular what browser you are using, as it will help me reproduce/track down what is happening.

Regarding victor's question above concerning regulatory.bin: The use of this file is an OpenWRT decision, not a Gargoyle decision. However, I try to be conservative with regard to the issue of regulatory compliance whenever possible, as there can be legal repercussions for broadcasting outside the allowed channels and I don't want to have any authority take interest in either me, or any users of Gargoyle. I really want to stay on the right side of the law, so I err on the side of caution. I believe the OpenWRT project does the same, which may explain why more channel restrictions have been introduced -- and I agree with their decision, and continue to use what they provide as the default.

Dude_Virus: Is it possible that you have a duplicate MAC address connecting to the router? There is a known bug that will prevent OpenWrt from functioning properly if there are clients with duplicate MAC addresses connecting, while the issue doesn't pop up on stock firmware.

Dude_Virus

Post by Dude_Virus »

Eric wrote:Dude_Virus: Is it possible that you have a duplicate MAC address connecting to the router? There is a known bug that will prevent OpenWrt from functioning properly if there are clients with duplicate MAC addresses connecting, while the issue doesn't pop up on stock firmware.
Eric that is not the case as I have verified all the mac addresses. For the initial setup I just have my mac desktop connected and I configure the router with the static ip for the wan. I dont even enable wireless. But after applying the settings the router doesnt pickup the wan connection. the light stays off and doesnt come on at all. My modem is just a plain simple switch which provides power to the wifi dish on my roof and also used for data incoming. on the stock it gets the wan light and connection as soon as i apply the static ip and dns settings. I had installed the stable 1.4.6 in start of march and it was working fine until june then suddenly the wan light went off and wudnt work and no internet. I got the isp to check my connection and it was working fine. I then upgraded to 1.4.7 but no wan connection. it is when i thought tht the router has gone faulty so i decided to check with stock firmware and it works perfectly fine.

g12345

Post by g12345 »

Eric wrote:Regarding issues with Tor config -- I don't think the config file structure changed in this version, but there were major differences between versions prior to 1.5.4 and versions 1.5.4 and after. If you want to update Tor config without wiping settings you can replace /etc/config/tor with the file you can download here. That will reset the tor settings to defaults without affecting anything else.

g12345, gritan: I am having trouble reproducing the "nothing happens when OpenVPN save button is pressed" bug being reported below. It's possible that this is browser specific, since it sounds like something may be going wrong with the javascript if the screen doesn't even darken. Or does it darken and not work when this bug is triggered? Please provide as many details as possible here, in particular what browser you are using, as it will help me reproduce/track down what is happening.

Regarding victor's question above concerning regulatory.bin: The use of this file is an OpenWRT decision, not a Gargoyle decision. However, I try to be conservative with regard to the issue of regulatory compliance whenever possible, as there can be legal repercussions for broadcasting outside the allowed channels and I don't want to have any authority take interest in either me, or any users of Gargoyle. I really want to stay on the right side of the law, so I err on the side of caution. I believe the OpenWRT project does the same, which may explain why more channel restrictions have been introduced -- and I agree with their decision, and continue to use what they provide as the default.

Dude_Virus: Is it possible that you have a duplicate MAC address connecting to the router? There is a known bug that will prevent OpenWrt from functioning properly if there are clients with duplicate MAC addresses connecting, while the issue doesn't pop up on stock firmware.
Eric, thanks for the reply. I too thought it may be browser specific, but happens on IE8, IE9, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on 3 different machines. The button looks the same as the reset button, and when you hover over it turns brighter, clicking on it gives the click animation, but nothing attempts to load at all just sits there. I did have issues in the past with port forwards, I had posted in another thread, where they all disappeared one day and trying to rebuild them I had similar behavior where the save button would not save anything if that helps. Haven't had that issue with the last couple builds though... Let me know if there are any logs you would want me to pull from the router, not sure what would be useful to you if any.

Thanks!

Wild Rat

Post by Wild Rat »

Eric wrote:Regarding victor's question above concerning regulatory.bin: The use of this file is an OpenWRT decision, not a Gargoyle decision. However, I try to be conservative with regard to the issue of regulatory compliance whenever possible, as there can be legal repercussions for broadcasting outside the allowed channels and I don't want to have any authority take interest in either me, or any users of Gargoyle. I really want to stay on the right side of the law, so I err on the side of caution. I believe the OpenWRT project does the same, which may explain why more channel restrictions have been introduced -- and I agree with their decision, and continue to use what they provide as the default.
Then then it is necessary to add options to the wireless network settings page with the ability to choose country.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

g12345: Very specifically, does the screen darken? You say you see the click animation, but do you see the spinning blue wheel with the dark screen?

Wild Rat: No. The problem with this approach is that if you can select the country, someone in a more restrictive country can pretend to be in a less restrictive country. So, by making this user-selectable that means I'm enabling someone to get around country-based restrictions, and might find myself on the wrong side of the law. That's why it can't be user-selectable.

g12345

Post by g12345 »

Eric wrote:g12345: Very specifically, does the screen darken? You say you see the click animation, but do you see the spinning blue wheel with the dark screen?
No the screen does not darken and there is no blue spinning wheel, just sits there like I never hit the button... Same behavior with all browsers tested.