Version 1.5.5: OpenVPN

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Dev_BR

Re: Version 1.5.5: OpenVPN

Post by Dev_BR »

Wild Rat wrote:Flashed on TL-WR740N - Despite my changes, "Time" settings page keeps showing incorrect time, and "NTP Servers:" resets to "Custom".
Same here

demetris

Post by demetris »

Wireless Speed and signal gone down a bit in this version WNDR3700v2

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I'm a bit puzzled regarding the wireless signal issues being reported in this version... I haven't touched the wireless configuration controls or even the OpenWrt revision (version of the wireless drivers) for this build. Therefore it's rather odd that throughput has decreased. I'll see what I can do, but given that nothing has changed there, I'm not sure where to start looking.

With the time issues some people are reporting: refresh your browser cache. The javascript for the time settings page has beein updated to accomodate busybox NTP vs the 3rd party NTP client. I think some of these reported errors may be due to the cached older version.

2ks-kyle: Why do you need a TAP interface? Unless you're using IPv6, which Gargoyle does not support, what configuration do you need that requires this?

yc3948: I don't understand your question

Djoss

Post by Djoss »

I have the same time issue and clearing the browser cache did not help.

marvinandro

Post by marvinandro »

Eric, big thank you for the good work! I've used Gargoyle for quite a while but had no time to post here.

Now I'm on 1.5.5 and tried to get the tor going. When I select "all host" or "by each host", I see applying for a couple of minutes and then the following error message:
---
WARNING: Tor is active, but may be having problems connecting -- check your connection
---
In either case check.torproject.org says "Sorry. You are not using Tor." If I logout, I don't see any settings for enabling tor if I had selected the "by each host" setting. When I login back and check tor, it has reverted to Disabled. I had not played with tor settings for quite a few versions now and saw some bug fixes in the 1.5.5 log. Is that an old one or something just got introduced. Upgrade was done via gargoyle_1.5.5-ar71xx-wndr3700v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin and settings were to be preserved. Having said that, the subnet and some basic settings were indeed preserved but many were not - QoS settings, hostname, port forwarding, web usage monitor.
I don't see any difference in the wifi speeds (27Mbps down/1Mbps up, same as before).
I had issues with ntp settings and used custom: 0.pool.ntp.org.
Tried to set this now to Global. When I click Save it flashes very quickly. When I click on Identification and back to Time, I see it had reverted back to custom.
Am I having issues saving several settings due to a browser or something else changed?
I'd love to be able to enable tor on a per host and can test the Global ntp settings if I figure out how to save any of those first.

Thanks in advance, Marv

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I just realized what's going on with time settings. I'm guessing that the people having problems preserved their config settings when doing the upgrade.

In this case the new busybox ntp client will be looking for a config section that doesn't exist in the old config files. You can either try installing without preserving settings or login to your router via ssh and edit /etc/config/system, and add the following lines to it:

Code: Select all

config timeserver ntp
	        list server     0.pool.ntp.org
	        list server     1.pool.ntp.org
	        list server     2.pool.ntp.org
That should fix the time problems.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

marvinandro: I suspect the problem may be related to the problem with time. Tor gets angry if there's a large time mismatch.

See my above post on how to correct the issues people are seeing with the new time settings.

victor

Post by victor »

This doesnt work for me really... i mean i didnt try to change this binary file but after wireless config situation is still the same... how is this possible if before channel 13 worked normally?
Wild Rat wrote:
victor wrote:Thank you. It's very good. I have TL - wr741nd

But ... am I only without channel 13 ? I've cleaned conf. files it's fresh install
You may try to add

option 'country' 'RO'
or

option 'country' 'RZ'
in file etc\config\wireless like this:

config 'wifi-device' 'radio0'
	option 'country' 'RO'

it may help. Or use regulatory.bin file from old version.

marvinandro

Post by marvinandro »

Eric, the time is correct, although maybe not have been set by the ntp and might drift over time.
Shouldn't those entries have single quotes - config 'timeserver' 'ntp'? All other entries in system (and the other config files) have them, ie:
config 'led' 'usb_led'

TIA, Marv
Eric wrote:I just realized what's going on with time settings. I'm guessing that the people having problems preserved their config settings when doing the upgrade.

In this case the new busybox ntp client will be looking for a config section that doesn't exist in the old config files. You can either try installing without preserving settings or login to your router via ssh and edit /etc/config/system, and add the following lines to it:

config timeserver ntp
That should fix the time problems.

Dev_BR

Post by Dev_BR »

[quote]

config timeserver ntp
Sorry for my so basic question,

How to do a "config" command ?

in router:/etc/config# I can list system, dhcp, firewall ...
When I type: config timeserver ntp
System reply: -ash: config: not found