Version 1.5.5: OpenVPN

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

fi5ban

Re: Version 1.5.5: OpenVPN

Post by fi5ban »

This is fantastic except one little thing I read that might make me sad though, it don't say that can be used on a lynksys wrt54 is this true or will work on an 8mg /32mg linksys????????

demetris

Post by demetris »

Will work just fine on broadcom, just make sure you have a hackable router.
Newer Linksys sometimes are not.

psycik

Post by psycik »

Finding issues on 1.5.5 on a wrt54g

Was previously on 1.4.2.

On 1.5.5 it seems the port forwards I have set up to an SSH server and to a VPN server do not get honored (they were under 1.4.2). Also found the router quite unstable, browsing around the settings seems to crash and reset the router.

And attempting to downgrade the reset to factory settings does not work, and I cannot "upgrade" firmware to 1.4.7.

I tried using the failsafe method (I'm on Windows 2008) but it didn't seem to do anything but get a timeout. Any suggestions?

alencarazevedo

Post by alencarazevedo »

I tried to return from 1.5.5 to Factory Software (tl-wr1043nd_v1-webrevert.bin) but it didn't work. I never had this problem with the others version, only to 1.5.5 version.

Can I downgrade from 1.5.5 to 1.4.7 using sysupgrade?

dkojevnikov

Post by dkojevnikov »

I don't see VPN settings in GUI for DLink Dir-825 rev B1. This router should be supported according to its specifications. Can it be added manually or the code should be changed and recompiled?
I purchased this router for my VPN network and was disappointed to see OpenVPN missing in 1.5.5.

fi5ban

Post by fi5ban »

I have just loaded 1.5.5 on my wrt54gs and don't see the vpn option so my question again will it work on my router

thanks

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I've tested OpenVPN on:

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1-1.8
Ubiquiti Routerstation Pro

both in "site to site" and "client to site" even in a "spoke and hub" mode.

I must say gargoyle and OpenVPN rock.

killer app indeed

dkojevnikov wrote:I don't see VPN settings in GUI for DLink Dir-825 rev B1. This router should be supported according to its specifications. Can it be added manually or the code should be changed and recompiled?
I purchased this router for my VPN network and was disappointed to see OpenVPN missing in 1.5.5.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

note for "client to site" to work out of the box you will need this version

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... =14&t=2924

tested openvpn clients

http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html

OpenVPN 2.3-alpha2 -- released on 2012.07.02

both 64bit and 32bit confirmed as working

2ks-kyle

Post by 2ks-kyle »

Eric,

Thanks for getting back asking why I need a TAP interface in OpenVPN. I've been gone a while and just caught up to your reply.

I don't own the OpenVPN server I am connecting to and it is set up for a TAP interface or so I am told. Anyway, I can't seem to get a good connection unless I connect via TAP. Not being very tech savvy that is all I know about it. TAP seems to work fine and I have used it a long time on my Netgear 3500 / Tomato. However Tomato is not available for my WNDR3700 v2 and I much prefer Gargoyle anyway.

Thanks

2ks-kyle

Post by 2ks-kyle »

ispyisail. Thanks for the link. I will have to see if I can figure out how to SSH into Gargoyle - really don't know much about that stuff. I searched the forum but got too many hits to show. Is there a tutorial? Anyway thanks for pointing me in the right direction - I hadn't had a chance to catch up on related posts and should have looked more carefully.