Version 1.5.3 & 1.4.6

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:14 pm

Version 1.5.3 & 1.4.6

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:46 am

New in 1.5.3:
  • More wireless fixes, bump OpenWrt to latest Backfire version
  • Implements ability to format USB disk with swap / ext4 in web interface
  • Fix bug causing USB Storage plugin to handle ext3 and ext2 drives incorrectly
  • Implement ability to access TOR Hidden Services
  • Fix bug causing TOR to leak DNS requests
  • Add Tor, USB Storage and USB Printer plugins to Alix build
  • Add selfhost.de dynamic dns service
  • Update theme by Matei to latest version

New in 1.4.6:
  • More wireless fixes, bump OpenWrt to latest Backfire version
  • Fix bug causing USB Storage plugin to handle ext3 and ext2 drives incorrectly
  • Add selfhost.de dynamic dns service
  • Update theme by Matei to latest version

Trailblazer
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:12 am

Re: Version 1.5.3 & 1.4.6

Postby Trailblazer » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:18 am

Nice Eric, thanks again for yet another update! :mrgreen:
Netgear WNDR3700V2 Gargoyle 1.10.0
TP-LINK Archer C7 v4 Gargoyle 1.11.x RC4

jaykumar2001
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:16 pm

Re: Version 1.5.3 & 1.4.6

Postby jaykumar2001 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:45 am

And the latest OpenWrt release is Backfire Interim Release 1 (10.03.1), right?
TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.2
DIR-300 - DD-Wrt v24 preSP2 (Build14896)

hnl_dk
Moderator
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Version 1.5.3 & 1.4.6

Postby hnl_dk » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:43 am

jaykumar2001 wrote:And the latest OpenWrt release is Backfire Interim Release 1 (10.03.1), right?

No, I guess this is backfire SVN revision 29961.
This includes fixes to backfire 10.03.1.
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4

mates
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:53 am

Re: Version 1.5.3 & 1.4.6

Postby mates » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:45 am

1.5.3. now working OK on my WNDR 3700v2

thank you

hnl_dk
Moderator
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Version 1.5.3 & 1.4.6

Postby hnl_dk » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:50 am

mates wrote:1.5.3. now working OK on my WNDR 3700v2

thank you

super. I will install it this night.
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4

jaykumar2001
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:16 pm

Re: Version 1.5.3 & 1.4.6

Postby jaykumar2001 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:10 pm

Trying to upgrade my TL WR1043ND with

Code: Select all

gargoyle_1.5.3-ar71xx-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin


using web interface, its just stuck in uploading firmware. No further action. Router reboots and I am still on firmware 1.5.2, with all my old configuration. (guess nothing happened at all)

What am I doing wrong?

Should I use the following commandline upgrade option?

1) cd /tmp
2) wget http://www.gargoyle-router.com/download ... pgrade.bin
3) md5sum gargoyle_1.5.3-ar71xx-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
4) Make sure the md5sum matches the one listed on the gargoyle download page, which should be ................
5) mtd -r write gargoyle_1.5.3-ar71xx-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin firmware
TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.2
DIR-300 - DD-Wrt v24 preSP2 (Build14896)

mates
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:53 am

Re: Version 1.5.3 & 1.4.6

Postby mates » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:18 pm

I used web acces for upgrading to 1.5.3. - here works OK on my WNDR 3700v2

jefman
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:46 am

Re: Version 1.5.3 & 1.4.6

Postby jefman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Eric wrote:New in 1.5.3:
  • Add Tor, USB Storage and USB Printer plugins to Alix build


Seems usb storage is not working in x86. It needs all Openwrt usb packages to work for x86 thanks. tell me if i'm wrong..

thanks sir Eric

hnl_dk
Moderator
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Version 1.5.3 & 1.4.6

Postby hnl_dk » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:32 pm

jaykumar2001 wrote:Trying to upgrade my TL WR1043ND with

Code: Select all

gargoyle_1.5.3-ar71xx-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin


using web interface, its just stuck in uploading firmware. No further action. Router reboots and I am still on firmware 1.5.2, with all my old configuration. (guess nothing happened at all)

What am I doing wrong?

Should I use the following commandline upgrade option?

1) cd /tmp
2) wget http://www.gargoyle-router.com/download ... pgrade.bin
3) md5sum gargoyle_1.5.3-ar71xx-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
4) Make sure the md5sum matches the one listed on the gargoyle download page, which should be ................
5) mtd -r write gargoyle_1.5.3-ar71xx-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin firmware

1. make a backup of the settings.
2. reboot the router
3. try to upgrade again, form the webinterface and yes, that is the correct one.
4. recover the settings.

Please return, if it is working after this.
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4


Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests