Version 1.5.2 & 1.4.5

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Dioptimizer

Re: Version 1.5.2 & 1.4.5

Post by Dioptimizer »

Is it possible to get somewhere with that a revision number has been made this build, please include a link or other way than to install a router?
This is necessary to describe the OpenWRT WiKi

Forgive me for my bad English

UsernameTaken

Post by UsernameTaken »

I managed to brick my router trying to upgrade to 1.5.2 (a wr1043nd). The reason was a faulty network port on my laptop, but i still think the upgrade procedure could be more like in lucy, in that it uploads completely then it asks if the hash is correct and if you want to procede.

The failsafe-mode does not work, so I assume the only option left is opening it up. Or is there another way, that is less invasive?

shastar

Post by shastar »

hnl_dk wrote:
Dragon31337 wrote:SO if I plug in an USB and make a swap file there - I'll get TOR options in the web admin?
Yes, if you make a SWAP partition on a flashkey or something like it, then you will be able to enable TOR.
Check this thread: http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 9877#p9877
I diden't have a flashdrive, but i tested a small cardreader with a sdcard, and it works. Also testen an old mp3 player with 1gig storage. But i have to use mkswap /dev/sda1 command to get it work, and a reboot.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

UsernameTaken wrote:I managed to brick my router trying to upgrade to 1.5.2 (a wr1043nd). The reason was a faulty network port on my laptop, but i still think the upgrade procedure could be more like in lucy, in that it uploads completely then it asks if the hash is correct and if you want to procede.

The failsafe-mode does not work, so I assume the only option left is opening it up. Or is there another way, that is less invasive?
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd

serial cable might be your only option now

robnitro

Post by robnitro »

A bug with webmon on 1.5.2, buffalo g300nh, installed from scratch.

If I want to exclude a range of IP's, for example 192.168.2.2-192.168.2.100, the page accepts this range and it's listed. However even clients in that range get monitored.

If I specify by single IP's that works fine, it will not log those.

Same goes for monitor only these hosts, a range does not work, but individual IP's work.

frank604

Post by frank604 »

mix wrote:I think the real error message is the failed to stop dma error which is so common on Atheros devices.
thanks for the reply. upon googling the failed to stop dma error msg I realized it is indeed a common error with openwrt and AR71XX based routers (which the wndr3700v2 is).

Seems this bug has been going on for awhile.

UsernameTaken

Post by UsernameTaken »

I'm experiencing a significant slowdown after a while with 1.5.2 on a wr1043nd v 1.8.

In the beginning I have the following performance:
receive 11.5 Mbit/s
send 1.2 Mbit/s
latency 5ms

After 12 hours:
receive 1.2 Mbit/s
send 0.2 Mbit/s
latency 15ms

After a reboot I get back to full speed.

I used to have qos activated but I deactivated it and I see the same thing. Not sure if the performance hit is related to wireless performance or some something else but the tests were performed through a wireless connection (3 meter away from the router).

hnl_dk

Post by hnl_dk »

UsernameTaken wrote:I'm experiencing a significant slowdown after a while with 1.5.2 on a wr1043nd v 1.8.

In the beginning I have the following performance:
receive 11.5 Mbit/s
send 1.2 Mbit/s
latency 5ms

After 12 hours:
receive 1.2 Mbit/s
send 0.2 Mbit/s
latency 15ms

After a reboot I get back to full speed.

I used to have qos activated but I deactivated it and I see the same thing. Not sure if the performance hit is related to wireless performance or some something else but the tests were performed through a wireless connection (3 meter away from the router).
Have you tested if it is only WIFI or also wired)?
If it is possible, please try to connect a computer to router with a cable and enable remote logging ( http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=7&t=1736 ) and install a syslog server on that computer (for example http://www.solarwinds.com/products/free ... og_server/ ).
Then try to post the log in the period when the problem happens.
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4

UsernameTaken

Post by UsernameTaken »

Have you tested if it is only WIFI or also wired
I plan to, but it will take a while before the router has slowed down to a crawl again, so trouble shooting will be time consuming.