Version 1.4.0 -- New Stable Branch

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

NGowner

Re: Version 1.4.0 -- New Stable Branch

Post by NGowner »

Loaded 1.4.0 onto a WRT54G v3.1 router.

Used Web update.

Updated flawlessly. Running well. Timed access restrictions appear to be applied correctly across IP ranges.

Well done.

[NG]Owner

DoesItMatter

Post by DoesItMatter »

damkov wrote:Flashed WR1043ND from 1.3.16 to 1.4.0 (gargoyle_1.4.0-ar71xx-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin) - router doesn't wake up anymore..it's bricked actually :(

I tried 30-30-30 reset and pushing QQS button when switched on - nothing helps. Only PWR and specific LAN port led is on (port connected to computer). Router cannot be pinged at all... Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl- ... al.console

Go there - read and follow instructions on how to connect a
serial port and use that to recover via serial.

You will have to connect serial interface to see what is going on
with the router and the firmware.

Could be a bad flash, kernel panic, etc.
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

Wisse

Post by Wisse »

Edit: DoesItMatter beat me to it :)

Make sure you get 3.3V (VERY IMPORTANT) serial cable (something like Nokia CA-42 usb to serial). There's a fairly lengthy warning on your router's wiki page about messing the voltages up.

I hope you won't get discouraged by this, because it's really not that hard. I just went through that myself few days ago. Serial cable is fairly cheap and saves you from further unlucky firmware flashes.

John_M

Post by John_M »

Trailblazer wrote:Successfully installed on Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH and Ubiquiti RSPro.

Oddly enough the RSPro seems to really be shining with this build. A couple of builds ago it wouldn't do client stuff at all. I wasn't expecting that, maybe it needed that wireless driver update in RC5+.

Only problem I see with the Buffalo is the Bandwidth Usage window is not working (actually it's the Plot1, Total Bandwidth piece that's not working). That's working great on the RSPro. Same browser, different tab (Opera 11.00 has been working the best for me-really consistent).

So what's the deal with the Themes? Where doth I download such a thing?

Thanks for another great build, Eric. Really love this firmware. Running a Campground in Moab, Utah on Gargoyle running on the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH with QOS download and upload turned on and users forced to use OpenDNS servers with the exception of a few privileged users. It's been working really nicely for my multi-user environment. Thanks again for all your hard work! :mrgreen:
Just a quick question...

Going to upgrade my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH soon; I assume I use the Gargoyle web interface to do the upgrade, right?

Thanks!

markc

Post by markc »

Did a sysupgrade on a Netgear WNDR3700 (first time upgrade) and all went well except that now I have more than 50% packet loss to some sites. All external sites can be pinged at 100% from the router itself but going through it leads to massive dropouts for some sites. I have increased connections to 16K and did not notice this on the previous 1.3.16 version I used for almost 2 weeks. It's something to do with the firewall rules as I have disabled NAT because I have a subnet, however, the same UCI config worked okay in the previous version.

For other first timers, the exact sysupgrade procedure for a WNDR3700 is...

Code: Select all

ssh 12.34.56.78
cd /tmp
wget http://www.gargoyle-router.com/downloads/images/ar71xx/gargoyle_1.4.0-ar71xx-wndr3700-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
sysupgrade -v gargoyle_1.4.0-ar71xx-wndr3700-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Trailblazer

Post by Trailblazer »

John_M wrote:
Trailblazer wrote:Successfully installed on Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH and Ubiquiti RSPro. :mrgreen:
Just a quick question...

Going to upgrade my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH soon; I assume I use the Gargoyle web interface to do the upgrade, right?

Thanks!
Yes. That's exactly right.

Enjoy!
Netgear WNDR3700V2 Gargoyle 1.10.0
TP-LINK Archer C7 v4 Gargoyle 1.12

pistok

Post by pistok »

Successfully installed on TP-LINK WR741ND V2.1.

At this time I configure it, I'll check it's stability.

Thanks for your work!

Regartds

Pistók

stephen.wright.ii

Post by stephen.wright.ii »

Does anyone happen to know if this will work with the Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300NH. The Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300NH has an Atheros AR7161 chipset with 128 megs of ram. Tried Gargoyle with 1.3.6 with wrt54gl but it brought it too its knees. I thought I'd try again when I could get top of the line router. Thanks.

Trailblazer

Post by Trailblazer »

I'm having problems with this version 1.4 on my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH and my Ubiquiti RSPro. This problem occurs in all four of my browsers (Chrome, IE, FF, Opera).

I'm on the access restrictions page and I fill out the 'New Restriction Rule:' form and then click 'Add New Rule'. It shows up correctly under 'Current Restrictions:'.

I then click 'Save Changes' and the interface comes back almost immediately. The changes are not saved (it normally takes several seconds to save changes).

When I refresh the page, the rule shows up under 'Current Restrictions:', however it is named rule_1 and when I edit it, it's just default. None of my customizations show up.

This all came up after I noticed that certain ports/applications are not working. I went and looked at restrictions and that's not working. Looks like I'm going back to 1.3.14. That was working.
Netgear WNDR3700V2 Gargoyle 1.10.0
TP-LINK Archer C7 v4 Gargoyle 1.12

rt_rex

Post by rt_rex »

In the bridge/repeater mode there is a problem that came from previous releases.

This is my network scheem:

Internet ----wifi router1) ))) (((f*nera2100a Bridge/repeater))) (((wifi clients))) + F*nera wired client(TV with dlna).

If the wifi repeater is disable there is no problem,the client behind the ethernet will get IP from my "wifi router1" without any problem and have internet .

If the wifi repeater is enable after a while(30 min~1hour) the clients that connect to WiFi will not get anymore dhcp from my "wifi router1".
But they will connect to the dhcp if i enable the wired client(TV with DLNA).

Conclusion if the ethernet is disable or there is no trafic passing on it the bridge will break.
I noticed that when the bridge its not working the ethernet led does not blink(could be on but does not blink).As soon as i send traffic trough the ethernet (led blinks ) the wireless clients will be able to get dhcp from "wifi router1".

I have a Alix 2c2 runnig Mikrotik and in the bridge there are several options for arp (enable,proxyarp,reply only) dont know if that is the problem but may help.
WIFI Link @ 76 km

http://youtu.be/rrXanzlro78