Version 1.3.16 -- Second Release Candidate

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

h0vsep

Re: Version 1.3.16 -- Second Release Candidate

Post by h0vsep »

I put 1.3.16 on the router and left it on over the weekend with no activity (no computer connected to it after configuring it), just connected to my ISP. By this morning, the router has reset itself back its defaults. Something post 1.3.9 just doesn't get along with my AR430W.

behappy

Post by behappy »

The repository is ofline

Internal error

An error occurred on the page you were trying to access.
If you continue to experience problems please contact your redMine administrator for assistance.

Adri

Post by Adri »

I installed version 1.3.16 on my NetGear WNDR3700V1 and everything is running quite stable, except I have noticed 2 problems.
I have selected 'dual band' mode for wireless and not set a reg-domain, so it's running with the default 'US' country settings.

1. When I select channel 60 for the 5Ghz radio, the blue radio light does not come on and clients don't see the AP. When I select channel 36 or 149, the radio works. However I would like to use channel 60 as it gives better stability in my environment.

2. When I manually disable the 2.4Ghz radio in /etc/config/wireless, the 'connected hosts' display in the Web GUI doesn't display any wireless clients anymore.

Adri.

NGowner

Post by NGowner »

I tried to upgrade my WRT54G v3 to 1.3.16 from 1.3.8 tonight. I ran across a, for me, showstopping bug.

No I did not try to restore my settings from 1.3.8 to the new 1.3.16 load. I recreated all settings from scratch.

I also do not use the wireless capabilities of the WRT54G, I have the wireless access shut off (I use a WAP54G hardwired back to the WRT54G). As an aside, the wireless light still blinks like crazy on the WRT54G despite the wireless section being turned off. That's a bug that has been around since I first installed Gargoyle, version 1.1.2. But not the bug I'm reporting now. But if you want you can fix that too!

Here's the bug. I use Gargoyle to shut down Internet access to children's devices at bedtime. It seems that the Restrictions page doesn't properly parse the difference between All Hosts and Only The Following Hosts. I set up two ranges of IP addresses to have all network access shut off between 00:00 - 07:00, 21:30 and 23:59. As soon as that Restriction was enabled, all network access for what I presume to be all IPs was shut down. I was doing this at 22:00 at night, so I can't say for sure if the shutdown time was respected. I didn't bother to put a later time in to verify that. But I do know that the shutdown IP range was not.

I had to roll back to 1.3.8.

[NG]Owner

MiG25

Post by MiG25 »

Cezary wrote:
MiG25 wrote:Still i'm not able to connect with my USB dongle TL-WN821N to my router TL-WR1043ND in N-mode (in G it is possible)
On normal openwrt you can? If not - create new ticket on dev.openwrt.org.
Long time not tested becouse of vacation....
I tried today Backfire 10.03.1-rc5 and it is ok. Hope on new Gargoyle release will be also fine.

mix

Post by mix »

How come there is no way in Gargoyle to turn on and off RTS/CTS and fragmentation for wireless? These can make a big difference in throughput if you live in an apartment building where just about everyone has there own wireless router. What about UPnP?
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

demetris

Post by demetris »

just a feature request for final version.
My server is lost when switched off and i cannot sent a wake on lan through gargoyle because is not there!
can you put a save list of mac addresses IP and port we can edit/add/delete and a name task like ex. given: {Server -> 192.168.1.1 -> 6c:89:89:etc: -port:7 } save
{Linuxbox-> 192.168.1.254 -> 6c:89:89:xx:yy -port:9 } save
So i dont have to use my pc to wake up my server every time.
Thanks

sco77

Post by sco77 »

What's wrong with the repository? why does it go down for days at a time?

fanuannew

Post by fanuannew »

I want the list of devices which open the pass in uPnP. Because some program might open upnp without informing the user.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

sco77: I think it's a memory issue -- whenever I restart the webserver (and the Passenger processes that handle the ruby hosting) it comes back up. I've added a cronjob to just restart this every hour, so this should probably fix the problem quickly if/when it happens again.

At some point I'm going to upgrade to a newer version of Redmine which may help, but other things have priority (I'm way behind on everything right now).