Version 1.3.16 -- Second Release Candidate

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Cezary

Re: Version 1.3.16 -- Second Release Candidate

Post by Cezary »

Default is US. You can set manually by ssh: iw reg set PL, or in /etc/config/wireless (option country PL). See manual page on openwrt wiki.

behappy

Post by behappy »

Cezary wrote:Because not all live in fixed area :) in EU channel 149 and above is not allowed, but we have 12 nad 13 channel...
Do you have tried it or only read it from the wiki, according the list?
You can choose what ever the country code you want regardless where you live.

Cezary

Post by Cezary »

Yes, I tried this. And I use this.

damkov

Post by damkov »

Hi all,

I'm new to Gargoyle firmware. I've installed 1.3.16 on WR1043ND from stock FW with no problems. I must say this firmware is fantastic and it works like a charm (including QoS, wireless N, USB CIFS+NFS). Before I've been using DD-WRT that had wireless issues. Then I've switched to stock FW because of stable wireless and integrated media player (ushare) but unfortunately it did not work on my LG DLNA compliant TV.

The only thing I miss from Gargoyle is integrated DLNA (e.g. miniDLNA) that actually works on DLNA compliant TV sets (LG, Samsung,..).

Thanks to the Gargoyle authors for all the hard work!! :)

MiG25

Post by MiG25 »

Still i'm not able to connect with my USB dongle TL-WN821N to my router TL-WR1043ND in N-mode (in G it is possible)

Cezary

Post by Cezary »

On normal openwrt you can? If not - create new ticket on dev.openwrt.org.

behappy

Post by behappy »

Something wrong w. the overview.sh, missing parameter - "table.js overview.js", which results empty data playing w. plugins to gargoyle.
Original
... gargoyle_header_footer -h -s "status" -p "overview" -c "internal.css" -j "overview.js" -i network wireless qos_gargoyle system
Correct one
... gargoyle_header_footer -h -s "status" -p "overview" -c "internal.css" -j "table.js overview.js" -i network wireless qos_gargoyle system

incognito

Post by incognito »

I'm using a TL-WR740N in bridge mode with repeater disabled. The main router's wireless is using dd-wrt with a 40mhz wireless channel width. If i set gargoyle to 40mhz as well the wireless connection goes on and off every minute or so. If I set it to 20mhz all is ok. This is the same for 1.13.15 and 1.3.16. In 1.3.14 40mhz works fine although it cuts out after some idle time.

caeci11ius

Post by caeci11ius »

behappy wrote:You can choose what ever the country code you want regardless where you live.
You really, really shouldn't do this. You should set the correct reg domain, and only that. You probably won't interfere with anything important at the power levels achievable by your wireless router, but you could at the very least piss some people off (and heaven help you if you're near a government radar installation...). Plus it likely won't work well anyway if there is anything that interferes nearby. Stick to the legal channels, it's better that way...

cybero2912

Post by cybero2912 »

Idle timeout problem/question:

I am using latest (same problem with previous versions) Gargoyle on a F*nera (FON2100A) in client bridge mode.
After a while when nothing is send or received from or to client behind, the F*nera drops connection and I cannot reach Webif anymore.
when I run a permanent ping - when this situation occurs - to the F*nera and device behind it, after a short while while I get responses form F*onera and client and am able to access GUI or SSH again.

Is it possible to avoid this connection loss after longer time idle?

Regards Robert