Version 1.3.16 -- Second Release Candidate

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin

Version 1.3.16 -- Second Release Candidate

Post by Eric »

This release is a second release-candidate for 1.4.0. Several enhancements to 1.3.15 were contributed by Cezary (thanks!) and I've added a few more enhancements myself, so a second release candidate seems like a good idea.

As before, please report any and all bugs ASAP.

New in 1.3.16:
  • When 40MHz channel width is selected, channels are limited to those that work with wider channel width (Thanks to Cezary for this contribution!)
  • Max transmit power is now determined dynamically for mac80211 wireless interfaces, and may be dependent on channel selected
  • Separate controls for transmit power in 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands in dual band routers
  • Fixes bandwidth monitor display bug for 30 day time point that can occur when router is first flashed

Gingernut

Re: Version 1.3.16 -- Second Release Candidate

Post by Gingernut »

Eric,

There's something wrong with the download section, it only has Atheros target available.

Thanks for the release.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Sorry about that, should be fixed now.

pilv

Post by pilv »

Thank you for the new version!

There is the same error in it I reported here.

Best!

Cezary

Post by Cezary »

This is come from backfire. Some changes already made in sorces but rc5 not released yet. So, this is not bug, this is a feature :) (we waiting for rc5)

sco77

Post by sco77 »

Bandwidth graph doesn't work on my G300NH.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

sco77: You need to provide more information. What browser are you using? What version of that browser are you using? Are you referring to bandwidth distribution graphs or the graphs in the total bandwidth usage section? When you say they don't work, what do you mean? Are the numbers wrong, or are the graphs not showing up at all? If you are referring to the total bandwidth usage page, does the table at the bottom seem to be working ok?

sco77

Post by sco77 »

Eric wrote:sco77: You need to provide more information. What browser are you using? What version of that browser are you using? Are you referring to bandwidth distribution graphs or the graphs in the total bandwidth usage section? When you say they don't work, what do you mean? Are the numbers wrong, or are the graphs not showing up at all? If you are referring to the total bandwidth usage page, does the table at the bottom seem to be working ok?
Mozilla Nightly (FF nightly), I meant the bandwidth graphs not the distribution pie chart. By not working I meant they were just reading 0 on everything even with internet traffic tests.

It is working now, It was only like that for the first 20 minutes or so after I flashed, then it just started working by it self.

pilv

Post by pilv »

Cezary wrote:This is come from backfire. Some changes already made in sorces but rc5 not released yet. So, this is not bug, this is a feature :) (we waiting for rc5)
So I guess that the best solution for me would be to install Gargoyle version that does not expect rc5 (since I need to install some additional packages). Which version should I install? I tried to find myself, but there are no notes about OpenWrt version in version history and news posts after rc3 upgrade in 1.3.5.

I have D-Link DIR-320 and I would want to try getting CNU-680 cdma usb stick working with it.

Cezary

Post by Cezary »

No, just edit /etc/opkg.conf and replace rc5 with correct repo.
(http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ ... 5-testing/)