Version 1.13.0 : Based on OpenWrt 19.07.8

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

sigwx

Re: Version 1.13.0 : Based on OpenWrt 19.07.8

Post by sigwx »

Most of the info regarding the mac80211 fix I found in
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/users-neede ... 101700/592
Last edited by sigwx on Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sigwx

Post by sigwx »

If I'm disabling the ipv6 DHCP, are the DUID and ipv6 suffix 'important' in the static host definitions?

I had worked up a simple awk script to take hosts and ethers from a 1.12 system and reformat them into the statements needed for the dhcp config file in 1.13, but I'm guessing that won't work if I need that information as well.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

sigwx wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:56 pm
Most of the info regarding the mac80211 fix I found in
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/users-neede ... 101700/592
Thanks
This error was not present back in 19.07 so the patches are not necessary. It was introduced into upstream mac80211 sometime between 4.19 and 5.15 (I didn’t search any narrower).
The regression should not occur.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

sigwx wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:58 pm
If I'm disabling the ipv6 DHCP, are the DUID and ipv6 suffix 'important' in the static host definitions?

I had worked up a simple awk script to take hosts and ethers from a 1.12 system and reformat them into the statements needed for the dhcp config file in 1.13, but I'm guessing that won't work if I need that information as well.
No they can be omitted. The GUI should show them as a “-“ to indicate a blank value once you’re done.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

kiko64

Post by kiko64 »

Hi,
I upgraded my Archer C5 v1 from 1.12 to 1.13. somehow it is working, but I cannot change any settings (not able to save). how can I downgrade back to 1.12 ? I made a backup of the settings before upgrading, the 1.13 also says the file is wrong. also when trying to downgrade with the 1.12 sysupgrade file, it says the file is not for this router .... weird things...
thanks

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

kiko64@gmail.com wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:24 pm
Hi,
I upgraded my Archer C5 v1 from 1.12 to 1.13. somehow it is working, but I cannot change any settings (not able to save). how can I downgrade back to 1.12 ? I made a backup of the settings before upgrading, the 1.13 also says the file is wrong. also when trying to downgrade with the 1.12 sysupgrade file, it says the file is not for this router .... weird things...
thanks
If you mean to say that you preserved settings while doing this upgrade, then that is not supported and you need to wipe the configuration clean and start again.
If your device is full because the image is too big, then you should be able to sysupgrade back down to 1.12 using the GUI.
Feel free to post the information that the upgrade interface presents you if you're unsure.

Rodrigo

Post by Rodrigo »

Hi guys. First time here, but I follow this forum for a long time. Thanks for all your effort and amazing work. I have a TP-Link TL-WDR4300 v1 with Gargolye version 1.12.0 and I want go to 1.13.0 available in the Download section without preserving settings, but reading this thread I'm not sure if it's so simple as using the sysupgrade file or if I'll need to do some additional steps because of major OpenWRT version changes. I already read the documents about installation and messages here but i'm still not sure about that. Thanks in advance for your time and support.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

As your device will me migrating from ar71xx to ath79, it may require special intervention to upgrade.
I'd recommend running the upgrade on the command line and seeing what it has to say.
Copy the sysupgrade file onto the router into /tmp/
sysupgrade -v -n /tmp/nameoffile.bin

It should tell you if a factory image is required.
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/ins ... x.to.ath79

sigwx

Post by sigwx »

Has there been a change in how to setup a pi-hole to work with 1.13? With 1.12 I'd add a line of
list dhcp_option '6,<pi-hole ip>'

to the /etc/config/dhcp and I was good, but currently its looking like something is different as none of the local domain names are getting found when talking to the pi-hole.

From the pi-hole logs I see its asking gargoyle, but gargoyle is replying with a NXDOMAIN, which it wasn't with 1.12, so I'm thinking/hoping there is something different in 1.13 with how to configure things for a pi-hole.

Thanks!

kiko64

Post by kiko64 »

Lantis wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:23 pm
kiko64 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:24 pm
Hi,
thanks
If you mean to say that you preserved settings while doing this upgrade, then that is not supported and you need to wipe the configuration clean and start again.
If your device is full because the image is too big, then you should be able to sysupgrade back down to 1.12 using the GUI.
Feel free to post the information that the upgrade interface presents you if you're unsure.
Thanks, lack of space on device is also an issue on this router. Nevertheless I had also setup an Overlay file system an it did not work to preserve settings nor to restore config to get it work (without other manual changes)
Rodrigo wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:11 pm
Hi guys. First time here, but I follow this forum for a long time. Thanks for all your effort and amazing work. I have a TP-Link TL-WDR4300 v1 with Gargolye version 1.12.0 and I want go to 1.13.0 available in the Download section without preserving settings, but reading this thread I'm not sure if it's so simple as using the sysupgrade file or if I'll need to do some additional steps because of major OpenWRT version changes. I already read the documents about installation and messages here but i'm still not sure about that. Thanks in advance for your time and support.
At the end I didnt get it to work neither with preserving settings, nor restoring config. I reverted back to 1.12 and restored the config, this worked well