Version 1.3.13

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

KingViper

Re: Version 1.3.13

Post by KingViper »

Wow! I just updated from 1.3.12 on 2 of my routers. (The were used for a client bridge) and my performance has GREATLY increased. I used to have trouble connecting to the client bridge. It would lose connection to the main router yet the access point would stay up. (obviously inconvenient) Even in the same room I would only get 2 out of 5 bars of signal on my phone. Now I get 5 out of 5 bars and the client hasn't dropped yet. Great improvement!

Thanks

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

viperpiper wrote:Using a TL-WR1043ND and found I'm at 96% of my Ram. Also noticed the bandwidth distribution graphs are missing.
I have the same problem

My 180mhz MR3201a has better performance than my tp-link 400Mhz?

Last edited by ispyisail on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

madwlabby wrote:Hello!
I have got a Tp-link 1043nd router with 1.3.13 Gargoyle.
I tried to install some package. For example nano, usbutils and they didn't work. But If I downgrade to the firmware to 1.3.11 These package works very well.

- Nano throws segmentation fault, lsusb missing some filmes.
I have the same router and have no problems installing nano or other packages?

Code: Select all

root@Gargoyle:~# opkg update
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/snapshots.
root@Gargoyle:~# opkg install nano
Installing nano (2.2.6-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/nano_2.2.6-1_ar71xx.ipk.
Installing libncurses (5.7-4) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/libncurses_5.7-4_ar71xx.ipk.
Installing terminfo (5.7-4) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/terminfo_5.7-4_ar71xx.ipk.
Configuring terminfo.
Configuring libncurses.
Configuring nano.
root@Gargoyle:~#

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

ispyisail: Can you be more specific about your issues? Are you saying that the problem is just what viperpiper wrote, the lack of bandwidth distribution graphs and memory use, or when you say poor "performance" are you referring to something else as well? The memory usage really isn't a problem -- that's fairly normal, but if you're seeing really slow bandwidth or other issues that is certainly worth mentioning. Also, it would help if you give more information about your router configuration.

I use a tp-link 1043 myself and have had no performance problems, or problems with the graphs. Several people have commented that they have had trouble with the graphs, but I've had trouble reproducing the error, no matter which browser (firefox 3,4, chrome and opera) or OS (mac, windows, ubuntu linux) I try.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Can you be more specific about your issues?
yes. sorry

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Firefox 4

Navigating between web pages on the gargoyle router is really slow. I assumed this maybe to do with the lack of RAM but my MR3201a is more snappy. My Routerstation Pro is real fast between web pages.

Yes there is a problem with graphs, when I refresh the page a few times it will display

After a browser refresh

Last edited by ispyisail on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

DoesItMatter

Post by DoesItMatter »

Eric wrote: Several people have commented that they have had trouble with the graphs, but I've had trouble reproducing the error, no matter which browser (firefox 3,4, chrome and opera) or OS (mac, windows, ubuntu linux) I try.
Firefox 4 and Internet Explorer 9 - no issues at all with any graphs

Google Chrome 11 beta - Only the Bandwidth Usage page crashes
Comes up with the "Oh Snap" something is wrong error in Chrome.

Any other pages work fine for me.
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

DoesItMatter: I think I've fixed the issue with Chrome now. I just wasn't testing with a new enough version. I think the issue was caused by a bug in chrome, but I've implemented a workaround which should work ok. I actually haven't updated any of the code in the bandwidth graphs for a really long time, so I'm almost certain this issue is with a change in the browser's rendering engine and not my code.

ispyisail: I'm having a hard time replicating the issues with the distribution graph and/or the sluggishness that you report. However there is another user reporting the same thing in the troubleshooting section of the forum... so I'm concerned. Can you describe in as much detail as possible how you have your router configured, and what options you have enabled?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

ispyisail: I'm having a hard time replicating the issues with the distribution graph and/or the sluggishness that you report. However there is another user reporting the same thing in the troubleshooting section of the forum... so I'm concerned. Can you describe in as much detail as possible how you have your router configured, and what options you have enabled?
It would be good if I could send you a config file...but anyway

I've nearly got every feature working.

Web Monitor
QoS- up and down
Bandwidth Quota

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

ispyisail: that doesn't exactly narrow it down... or describe how you have each service configured. You can send config files to eric@gargoyle-router.com, which would be a big help in figuring this out.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

You can send config files to eric@gargoyle-router.com, which would be a big help in figuring this out.
how?

Which file is it?