Version 1.11.0 : Based on OpenWrt 18.06

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

RomanHK

Re: Version 1.11.0 : Based on OpenWrt 18.06

Post by RomanHK »

Renegade18 wrote:Can I add this feature to Gargoyle 1.10.0 ?
It is a query to another thread.
Probably not, it's a developer question.
Turris Omnia with OpenWrt 21.02 - Tested
Linksys WRT3200ACM with Gargoyle 1.13.x
TL-WR1043ND v2 with Gargoyle 1.10.0

http://gargoyle.romanhk.cz custom builds by gargoyle users

OMJ

Post by OMJ »

I had the email plugin installed on 1.11.x rc5, I'm trying to add it back after upgrading to 1.11.0, for the life of me I cannot find the plugin, can someone pls post where this plugin? thx!

RomanHK

Post by RomanHK »

OMJ wrote:I had the email plugin installed on 1.11.x rc5, I'm trying to add it back after upgrading to 1.11.0, for the life of me I cannot find the plugin, can someone pls post where this plugin? thx!
It depends on your router.
Gargoyle plugins are part of a file from @ispyisail:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11923#p52407

OMJ

Post by OMJ »

RomanHK wrote:
OMJ wrote:I had the email plugin installed on 1.11.x rc5, I'm trying to add it back after upgrading to 1.11.0, for the life of me I cannot find the plugin, can someone pls post where this plugin? thx!
It depends on your router.
Gargoyle plugins are part of a file from @ispyisail:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11923#p52407
thx...I figured it out :)

jackspm

Post by jackspm »

Hi,
Just upgraded this new version from v1.10 on my wr1043nd v2. So far everything is fine except 1 problem. The port forwarding to my ftp server doesn't seem to work correctly. The rule is simply just port 21 to an ip. The same rule works before the upgrade. My other forwarded ports seem to be working fine, just not port 21 to ftp. When trying to connect, it got as far as asking me for a password. But after that, got an error saying something like address can not be reached. If I enabled dmz, it works, but I do not want to use that option.
I did not preserve settings when upgrading. Any idea? Thanks.

RomanHK

Post by RomanHK »

jackspm wrote:Hi,
Just upgraded this new version from v1.10 on my wr1043nd v2. So far everything is fine except 1 problem. The port forwarding to my ftp server doesn't seem to work correctly. The rule is simply just port 21 to an ip. The same rule works before the upgrade. My other forwarded ports seem to be working fine, just not port 21 to ftp. When trying to connect, it got as far as asking me for a password. But after that, got an error saying something like address can not be reached. If I enabled dmz, it works, but I do not want to use that option.
I did not preserve settings when upgrading. Any idea? Thanks.
Try to enable port 20 (data port).
Look for and enable the range of passive ports.
In Gargoyle, enable "Allow Access to FTP From WAN" + passive ports.

jackspm

Post by jackspm »

RomanHK wrote: Try to enable port 20 (data port).
Look for and enable the range of passive ports.
In Gargoyle, enable "Allow Access to FTP From WAN" + passive ports.
I added a new port forward rule for port 20...not working.

How do you enable "Allow Access to FTP From WAN"? I can't find it anywhere in gui. More info please.

Thanks.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

You need to plug in a USB thumb drive/USB hard drive (for Gargoyle FTP server)

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

If he’s talking about a separate FTP server on his network (not within Gargoyle) then this is the wrong advice.

If you are able to authenticate, this indicates the port forward is working fine.
What is likely happening is that once it has authenticated it attempts to establish a connection on a different port (which is not forwarded).
I would enable the DMZ, establish a successful connection, go to the conntrack page (Status->Connections) and filter for my FTP server, note any ports in use and then try to forward appropriately.
You may need to adjust the settings of your FTP server to use a specific range of this works.

As for why it used to work and doesn’t now? One of the nathelpers needs a bit of massaging. I’ll have to look.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

jackspm

Post by jackspm »

Lantis wrote:If he’s talking about a separate FTP server on his network (not within Gargoyle) then this is the wrong advice.

If you are able to authenticate, this indicates the port forward is working fine.
What is likely happening is that once it has authenticated it attempts to establish a connection on a different port (which is not forwarded).
I would enable the DMZ, establish a successful connection, go to the conntrack page (Status->Connections) and filter for my FTP server, note any ports in use and then try to forward appropriately.
You may need to adjust the settings of your FTP server to use a specific range of this works.

As for why it used to work and doesn’t now? One of the nathelpers needs a bit of massaging. I’ll have to look.
Yes, I do have a separate ftp server not attached to the router. I enabled the dmz for the server and made connection successfully. Then went to see all the connections to the ftp server. My ftp server is using port range from 55536 to 55663. The ports used on the client, however, are all over the place. I saw 10200 to 10240, 8241 to 8226, 66100 to 66143, etc... How are you suppose to set these? Isn't these ports suppose to be taken care of by the nat?

Downgraded back to 1.10 and everything works perfectly.

Thanks.