Version 1.11.0 : Based on OpenWrt 18.06

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

mrouilla515

Re: Version 1.11.0 : Based on OpenWrt 18.06

Post by mrouilla515 »

Wait my N750 doesn't have any hard drive. The antenna(s) are stuck inside and look pretty tiny. Compare with the 3 longs external ones on the TP-Link, I figure it can throw further. Still my apartment is rather small so both have strong signal anywhere.

RomanHK

Post by RomanHK »

mrouilla515 wrote:Wait my N750 doesn't have any hard drive. The antenna(s) are stuck inside and look pretty tiny. Compare with the 3 longs external ones on the TP-Link, I figure it can throw further. Still my apartment is rather small so both have strong signal anywhere.
Believe me, "TP-link WR-1043ND v1" is a very bad choice. It has only 8MB Flash, 32MB RAM - no longer suitable for version 1.11.0.
Last edited by RomanHK on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turris Omnia with OpenWrt 21.02 - Tested
Linksys WRT3200ACM with Gargoyle 1.13.x
TL-WR1043ND v2 with Gargoyle 1.10.0

http://gargoyle.romanhk.cz custom builds by gargoyle users

mrouilla515

Post by mrouilla515 »

RomanHK wrote:
mrouilla515 wrote:Wait my N750 doesn't have any hard drive. The antenna(s) are stuck inside and look pretty tiny. Compare with the 3 longs external ones on the TP-Link, I figure it can throw further. Still my apartment is rather small so both have strong signal anywhere.
Believe me, "TP-link WR-1043ND v1" is a very bad choice. It has only 8MB Flash, 32MB RAM - no longer suitable for version 1.11.0.

Most of the time, WD was sold with the HDD (no matter how much for advertising), but if it doesn't, nothing is happening, you're ready for your HDD.
Yes you are probably right, the WD is a lather model and has more features. I did flash the TP with 1.11 but did not tried it.
About the WD hard drive, it is not advertised on the original box but still intriguing. One day I'll open it to see if there is an HDD mount.

RomanHK

Post by RomanHK »

mrouilla515 wrote:
RomanHK wrote:

Most of the time, WD was sold with the HDD (no matter how much for advertising), but if it doesn't, nothing is happening, you're ready for your HDD.
Yes you are probably right, the WD is a lather model and has more features. I did flash the TP with 1.11 but did not tried it.
About the WD hard drive, it is not advertised on the original box but still intriguing. One day I'll open it to see if there is an HDD mount.
Pardon the wrong link - sorry - everything back. :oops:
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Western_Digital_My_Net_N750

ViBE

Post by ViBE »

RomanHK wrote:
Lantis wrote:
ViBE wrote:may i already noticed, not sure: on the bandwidth site if i set the time frame to months it shows the date in mm yyyy format. is it possible to swap this too? in hungarian we use yyyy mm format. aligning this column to the left would be also cool.
The date format has already been done in February:
https://github.com/ericpaulbishop/gargo ... c57799a650

You will find it already in the latest beta versions.
The fixed value is not good. Otherwise, I agree to follow the layout from here in the time setting (I've reduced the post because of the big screens):
ScreenShot 1.
ScreenShot 2.
ScreenShot 3.
EDIT2: If I set the date according to the 1st screen, the value in the 2nd screen is unchanged.
EDIT3: and according to the third screen, it didn't change (only . to /), but the order remained.

You may need to go through all the sections where the date and time is. :(
exactly. this was a disaster. i thought that this is not unified.

else:
is it possible to translate the DLNA folder names? i mean the categories like Music, Pictures, Videos. i can live with this but would be good to translate these predefined folders too.

RomanHK

Post by RomanHK »

ViBE wrote: exactly. this was a disaster. i thought that this is not unified.

else:
is it possible to translate the DLNA folder names? i mean the categories like Music, Pictures, Videos. i can live with this but would be good to translate these predefined folders too.
The date and time is fixed in the new build from @ispyisail: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=52889#p52834

The MiniDLNA folders cannot be changed or translated, it is the default folders of the compiled application, and you need to contact the auhtor package to change it.

SirWeazel

Post by SirWeazel »

Current setup is 2 Netgear WNDR 3800 N600 routers. These things are sweet for this, and if you watch ebay only $20. One serves as the router/access point, and the other servers as an access point only hard wired to the first with DHCP disabled. I ran into an issue when i attempted to enable the "guest" wifi that i didn't want to use as a true guest, but as a separate SSID to give me 3-4 SSIDs. When I enabled this on the access point only setup, it then enabled DHCP. It also tried to use the router's IP as the gateway. So essentially, when enabling the guest wifi it would not just add it as another SSID, but instead tried to setup it's own routes. I was hoping to have it as a 3rd SSID.

If you curious why i wanted the 3rd SSID, it is because i've used 1 SSID for all bands and let the devices decide when to roam between access points and/or what band to use. Except one stupid "smart" TV is horrible at this, and often times grabs the weakest signal instead. I attempted to add a 3rd "TV" SSID, and that is when i discovered it was going to be more complicated then 3 min of work.

Can someone confirm or help if this is expected behavior? I thought i did this once before on an older firmware, but coudl be wrong. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a regression. Should I open up another thread?

Grg

Post by Grg »

RomanHK wrote: Believe me, "TP-link WR-1043ND v1" is a very bad choice. It has only 8MB Flash, 32MB RAM - no longer suitable for version 1.11.0.
Why? There is a link for 1043nd v1 in the downloads...

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Grg wrote:
RomanHK wrote: Believe me, "TP-link WR-1043ND v1" is a very bad choice. It has only 8MB Flash, 32MB RAM - no longer suitable for version 1.11.0.
Why? There is a link for 1043nd v1 in the downloads...
The advice is good

Use at your own risk

alkalinelito

Post by alkalinelito »

Just checking, version 1.11.0 is not suitable for WR1043ND v1 ?

Even if I just use it for routing (separate AP,so wifi is off) and don't use usb disk?.

Why there is a version available to download? (gargoyle_1.11.0-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-factory.bin)

Thanks