Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

fifonik

Re: Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

Post by fifonik »

I tried to preserve my bw data this way when upgraded from 1.9.2 to 1.10. Unfortunately, it was not displayed. I do not know why.
In my case the data was not very important so I even have not tried to investigate.

ZetiX

Post by ZetiX »

Eric wrote:Version 1.10.0 marks a long overdue new stable version based on OpenWRT Chaos Calmer, while work is underway to port Gargoyle to the latest version of LEDE.
Does this mean it will finally support Netgear Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800?

Grg

Post by Grg »

Hi,

I just upgraded my 1043v1 from 1.8.1 to 1.10.0.

I have PPPoE connection, i would like to know is the "connect on demand" option fixed now, or still not useable?

Thanks

Smashing

Post by Smashing »

Hi, we're back on the same reboot problem.

I permanently attached a serial TTL to my old friend 1043 v1. So just in case the bug comes back...

Later this week I hada a power outage that depleted my UPS and messed up vlans on the switch.... and mixed DHCP from other routers..

After that the 1.9.2 stared bootlooping old bug...

Code: Select all

ipt_bandwidth: timezone shift of 120 minutes detected, adjusting
	old minutes west=0, new minutes west=-120
I managed to make a backup (I had a thing for gargoyle bwmonitor). Upgraded to 10.10.0 and restored. Everything went ok, no reboots, but if a change timezone, bug again. If a save a setting bug again.

So I left the poor router untouched after restoring backup again.

This lasted about two days and bootlooping again.

So

Code: Select all

$ rm -rf /usr/data/bwmon
to rescue...

Is there a way to extract bwmon logs to CSV? I'm moving to pfsense -mikrotik- unifi route, and I would like to keep the logs.

agent24

Post by agent24 »

stevebtas wrote:This may or may not be a Gargoyle issue.
Not sure but there may be a problem with wifi. I upgraded a few weeks ago to v1.10 on a WNDR3800 and since then we seem to have been having some wifi flakiness. Devices not visible on the network (even though connected), being able to connect to devices then not then connect then not etc. Its erratic.
Have just turned off the wifi on the gargoyled WNDR3800 and swapped to a DLink 868L as a wireless access point and the number of devices visible on my network just doubled.
I have about 60 static ip addresses assigned in gargoyle and a lot of active devices on my network. As above, not sure quite what is going on but almost looks like a number of devices problem. Will keep exploring but thought I'd share just in case others are having anything similar.
I upgraded to 1.10.0 a couple of days ago, did a clean flash with default settings. All seemed OK (except some 'bug' with port forward in Transmission which I think might be Transmission itself reporting the port incorrectly as closed, as an external portscan tool says the port is open...)

Anyway, today I noticed a weird issue. I connected my laptop via WiFi but couldn't get an internet connection, neither in Ubuntu or Windows. Ethernet is fine, but strangely, so is my Android phone.

Yet only my laptop, and only on WiFi, cannot access anything but the router (192.168.0.1) - it can't even access my VDSL modem (192.168.1.1), while everything else can.

I am running Gargoyle on a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND-v2, bridged to a Draytek DV130.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

(except some 'bug' with port forward in Transmission which I think might be Transmission itself reporting the port incorrectly as closed, as an external portscan tool says the port is open...)
Where is transmission installed?

agent24

Post by agent24 »

ispyisail wrote:
(except some 'bug' with port forward in Transmission which I think might be Transmission itself reporting the port incorrectly as closed, as an external portscan tool says the port is open...)
Where is transmission installed?
Plugin root on the internal flash memory. I run the transmission-daemon, and access it with Transmission Remote from my PC.

PS. Re previous post - laptop started working fine after a cold reboot of the laptop. Will report if it happens again...

agent24

Post by agent24 »

agent24 wrote:PS. Re previous post - laptop started working fine after a cold reboot of the laptop. Will report if it happens again...
Something funny going on alright. Not just limited to WiFi. My desktop experienced the same problem yesterday. Cold boot and couldn't access anything except router. Not even modern and certainly no internet. This while another desktop had no issues.

Found another problem too: static DHCP assignments don't stay across reboot. Not even sure they're working properly before reboot either. I feel maybe this and the no internet problems are related but who knows?

I did a clean upgrade but might try a reflash and reset just to see what happens...

EDIT: Did a hard reset, re-flashed same BIN, hard reset again just to be paranoid, then reconfigured setup as usual. Things seem OK for now. DHCP assignment list is not lost on reboot, anyway. Have not re-installed Transmission yet though. Will leave it for a few days and see if the no-WAN issue returns first.

Peter

Post by Peter »

Successfully flashed v1.10.0 to my TP-Link Archer C7 v2, used the upgrade bin to keep my settings - worked like a dream, looks great, thank you!

gbdisi

Post by gbdisi »

Greetings, sadly i have had may problems with this release, so i had to downgrade to 1.9.X, the problems are.

1) The wifi becomes unstable and slow after a few hours i have to reboot the router to work properly
2) DHCP stop working with wired connections i have to connect with wifi and restart the router to correct this at least once a week, i have programed a scheduled reboot every day at 7.00am to bypass this problem at the moment.
3) Repeater mode is very very slow, i know that the wifi bandwith cuts in half working as repeater mode, but with versión 1.10.X it goes down to 1kbps after a few minutes so it is imposible to work with remote station connected to a repeater.

i apreshiate your big efforts to bring us this great firmware, coul somebody help us with this issues, or do you have a release date for the lede revision?. thanks.