ispyisail

Re: Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

Post by ispyisail »

@gbdisi I suspect you upgraded by using "perverse setting" or a "Backup file"

Do a fresh config rebuild and things will work as expected

agent24

Post by agent24 »

Have you tried what I did? ie: reset your router with the hardware button, reflash, hard reset again and then reconfigure from scratch?

I have had no internet connectivity issues since then, and no DHCP assignments have been randomly lost. I waited about a week, then reinstalled the DNS adblock plugin (the only other plugin I was using) and have yet to see an issue since.

To be fair, however, I have not yet reinstalled transmission, as the flash drive I had been using for storage became corrupt and I was only able to image it with ddrescue before it died completely. I haven't had time to get a new one and try it out yet.
Whether the failing drive was related to the issues I had or not, I am not sure. I suppose it's possible it may have caused some config corruption or such, as I had been running a swap partition on it as well - although it seems strange that the router config data should ever be written to swap, considering a swap file is an optional addition anyway.

Then again, faulty hardware can do all sorts of weird things and who knows it if caused some kind of instability within the router itself. Again, this seems quite unlikely, but I have seen stranger things happen where faulty electronics are concerned!

gbdisi

Post by gbdisi »

ispyisail wrote:@gbdisi I suspect you upgraded by using "perverse setting" or a "Backup file"

Do a fresh config rebuild and things will work as expected
Hi, thanks for your quick response, actually i did a fresh install, and even i reseted router once, before reconfigure it, all the firewall rules, dhcp, etc, where reconfigured again from scratch just in case a restore would cause any issue, yet the router presents the problems that i described in my previous post, the issues are present only with an Archer c7 v2, i have another routers, wr1042nd and wr842n on those models there is no issues. Greetings.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

My c7 v2 is solid as a rock.

Something is different about your network?

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

ispyisail wrote:My c7 v2 is solid as a rock.

Something is different about your network?
iSpy, what build you're on? 1.11.x? Did you manage to fix those default features that were missing?

My C7 v2 is running "OK" on 1.10.X (Built 20180324), despite some weird behaviors:

- QoS not saving settings (needed to edit it manually through WinSCP).
- I don't use DDNS, but somehow it's writing a file named "1" to /www, containing

Code: Select all

ls: /usr/lib/ddns-gargoyle: No such file or directory
- Weird logs on logread that I haven't seen before (note that these are not in a specific order, just copied the messages as i'm not sure what triggered it).

Code: Select all

Mon Jun  4 16:04:46 2018 daemon.err uhttpd[2410]: /bin/sh: //: Permission denied
Mon Jun  4 16:13:59 2018 daemon.err uhttpd[2410]: sh: can't open '/tmp/tmp.sh'
Mon Jun  4 16:17:49 2018 daemon.err uhttpd[2410]: rm: can't remove '/tmp/tmp.sh': No such file or directory
That's probably only happening on my end, but I'd need to reflash to confirm. Not sure if I reflash 1.10.X or jump straight to 1.11.X? Any drawbacks on ar71xx?

Sysupgrade was done as always, clean flash (no preserve), then manually recover some "safe" files through WinSCP.
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I'm on 1.10.X

1.11.X will be unstable for sure

Beaker

Post by Beaker »

Do you have plans to officially release the version 1.11? If yes, do you know when that may happen?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

The version of Openwrt it is based on is not released yet. It won’t be before that.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

cklbjkzkadmin

Post by cklbjkzkadmin »

Thanks very much,greate job!

Sgt-Greco

Post by Sgt-Greco »

Openwrt/LEDE 18.06.0-rc2 is live.