Release Schedule, New Sub-Forum

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin

Release Schedule, New Sub-Forum

Post by Eric »

The next official release of Gargoyle will be available on May 1st. However, instead of releasing 1.0, as was my original plan it's going to be another Beta (Beta 5). The extra time in beta is meant to allow more extensive testing of the features I've recently implemented including wireless bridging and wireless survey. (Yes, that's now included in the latest bleeding edge firmware too!)

I'm also going to set the release date for the full non-beta 1.0 version as July 14th 2009, one year from the first Beta release. Even if I have to take the latest bleeding edge firmware and just rename it 1.0, there will be release on that date.

Also, I've created a new sub-forum to discuss hardware and installation issues. There has been a lot of recent discussion about installation on different platforms, which seems like a distinct category from post-installation issues. Therefore, please report installation issues in the new forum, while other post-installation issues should be reported in the old troubleshooting forum. Thanks!

DoesItMatter

Re: Release Schedule, New Sub-Forum

Post by DoesItMatter »

I'll sacrifice my over 30 days of uptime on my Fon 2201+ when the final version 1.0 is released!

Is there going to be an interim version?

Or working furiously to get the final 1.0 build out?
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Probably not an interim major release (no Beta 6), though the bleeding edge releases are updated whenever new functionality becomes available.

I am working furiously on 1.0 though. There's so much I want to do and so little time.. so it seems inevitable some features will get cut. I'm trying to make it as good as possible though, focusing a lot of my effort on improving the quota system since it seems a lot of people like that feature and no other firmware has it.

alenhoff

Post by alenhoff »

one thing i would like in quotas is a option to add a set of times the quotas are turned off. i know since i have hughesnet i have a quota on my downloads so the quota feature is nice. however we also have a time ( 1:00am to 6:00am cst ) where the quota's do not apply.
i don't know how hard it would be to implement that but it would be nice for anyone who has satellite based internet since all of them have quota's and a free time.