Version 1.9.2

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

MrProcessCPC

Re: Version 1.9.2

Post by MrProcessCPC »

Uri0550 wrote:Why all plugins now have few MEGAbytes instead of KILObytes? I have 1.9.2 on tl-wr841n-v9.
I was wondering about this too. For example on 1.8.1 the Services Manager v20130903 plugin is 2.712 kB.

Uri0550 screenshot shows in 1.9.2 the same plugin same version is now 11.336 MB

So from 1.9.2 all plugins will be this size? So 8MB flash wont cut the mustard anymore. What is the new recommended minimum?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Please see the response above your post.
4mb routers are too small and plugins have been disabled.

If you're looking at future proofing, i wouldn't go smaller than 16mb
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

MrProcessCPC

Post by MrProcessCPC »

Lantis wrote:Please see the response above your post.
4mb routers are too small and plugins have been disabled.

If you're looking at future proofing, i wouldn't go smaller than 16mb
Sorry Lantis but I cant see for looking where you say why the plugins have gone from 2.7 kB to 11.3 MB

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Sorry Lantis but I cant see for looking where you say why the plugins have gone from 2.7 kB to 11.3 MB
This has been reported before

There may be a size reporting bug but it doesn't matter as the problem is related to flash size.

4MB routers are to small.

Even with no plugins installed these routers are unstable with current firmware.

user3282

Post by user3282 »

I flashed wr1043nd v3 again with the 1.9.2 version and works well for more than 2 weeks. So this morning I did a soft-reboot and all configurations are lost and the router back to factory defaults. This issue already happend on this version another times. On old versions with wr1043nd v2 it not happening.

There are anything to do? Thanks.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Reflash and try again
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Arrikhan

Post by Arrikhan »

I've recently upgraded to 1.9.2 and think this upgrade is amazing! (I've jumped from 1.6.x loooking for mobile friendly GUI), but when enabling firewall restrictions it seems to disable internet access!

I'm using WNDR3700v2 and use for home use. Being on ADSL2+ I set a schedule to block specific MAC addresses using firewall restrictions to stop all the i-devices backing up and flooding my limited uplink whilst I'm playing online games.

I've upgraded to 1.9.2 with a clean install and when applying firewall blocks for anything, it seems to disable internet access. I only use the WNDR3700v2 as an access point/gateway. When I delete rules, it allows internet access again .. have tried different MAC addresses for different devices, same problem.

Anyone else seen similar problems?

StLL

Post by StLL »

Arrikhan wrote: ...block specific MAC addresses...
Anyone else seen similar problems?
No problem on my end. And I jumped from 1.5.2 :lol: . Make sure you select Only The Following Hosts when defining who it is applied to.

i3laze

Post by i3laze »

ispyisail wrote: 4MB routers are to small.

Even with no plugins installed these routers are unstable with current firmware.
Right because of that I urge developers to allow Ping Watchdog plugin (or even embed it in 1.9.3).

Please, let the users try&decide by giving them a warning like:
"Installing plugins may slow down your device or make it unresponsive e.t.c."

UPD: Made a fix: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10741&p=45841#p45841
Last edited by i3laze on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:35 am, edited 13 times in total.

tapper

Post by tapper »

i3laze wrote:
ispyisail wrote: 4MB routers are to small.

Right because of that I urge developers to allow Ping Watchdog plugin (or even embed it in 1.9.3).

Please, let the users try&decide by giving them a warning like:
"Installing plugins may slow down your device or make it unresponsive e.t.c."
IMO 4MB routers should be dropped all together! To much hard work to keep telling people that 4MB routers are unstable. When Gargoyle mooves to a later Kernel and ver of LEDE / OpenWRT I don't think that we will be able to get a build to fit in a 4MB router.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260