Version 1.9.2

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

d3fz

Re: Version 1.9.2

Post by d3fz »

ericwong wrote:Anyone noticed the pie chart layout for QoS distribution page is not fully shown on computer when viewed on Google Chrome? I only see one quarter of the pie chart..

It looks fine on Google Chrome on Android mobile though.

I had just installed 1.9.2 on WRT1900ACS.
Looks fine on my end, have you tried clearing your browser's cache ?

TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

mm... the pie charts do show up correctly in incognito mode today but not under normal mode in Chrome without clearing cache.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Your browser has cached the SVG object.
I updated it in 1.9.2 so that it could be dynamically resized.
I think the BW_Distribution graphs already had this behaviour, but qos_distribuion didn't.

Clearing cache should get it sorted.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

earlan

Post by earlan »

Waiting for gargoyle-lede version, hope release soon

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

earlan wrote:Waiting for gargoyle-lede version, hope release soon
waiting for lede-openwrt merge

ku1185

WDR4300 1.8.1->1.9.2 = brick

Post by ku1185 »

After working on a friend's router, I thought I'd run some maintenance on mine.

I started off by upgrading the firmware to 1.9.2 from 1.8.1 on my WDR4300. I made couple of attempts to create backups (on different machines) but they all failed; either freezing and or outputting a 0 byte file. Despite this, I went ahead and flashed "gargoyle_1.9.2-ar71xx-generic-tl-wdr4300-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade " file. There was a "Updating" popup on the screen that lasted for over an hour, but devices connected to it continued to work for the most part, yet connecting to 192.168.1.1 only yielded a "not found" error.

Seeing no other option, I restarted the router, after which my wifi networks were gone. The LEDs started to all flash in unison, every 5 seconds or so. When the router is in this state, nothing seems to work. When this router is connected to a computer via ethernet, the computer does not detect this router (it just says it's disconnected). I have tried multiple cables.

Now I don't know what I can do to salvage my WDR4300. FailSafe doesn't seem to be triggered when pressing the reset/WDS buttons on boot, so that is out. And I can't figure out getting access via SSH (if it's possible at all in this situation).

If anybody has any ideas, thoughts, insights, anything at all, I'd appreciate it. I'm currently using my friend's router that I was working on but this has to go back in a week.

Am I SOL and have to get a new router? Is there any possible fix that doesn't involve soldering?

lollapalooza

Post by lollapalooza »

Try this:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=278435

If that doesn't work, try and Google "WDR-4300 unbrick"

ku1185

Post by ku1185 »

lollapalooza wrote:Try this:

If that doesn't work, try and Google "WDR-4300 unbrick"
Thanks for the reply. I've spent several hours looking into it, and this isn't my first rodeo with flashing routers and bricking/unbricking them.

This time, however, I am unable to enter failsafe mode, which means I can't use the methods described in your link. In fact, I am unable to get any sort of communications to the router with a computer (tried multiple computers, multiple cables, etc.). My guess is that the bootloader is corrupt.

So, I can't SSH, can't failsafe. Is there anything I can do short of soldering stuff or is this permanently bricked?

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

There is the TFTP recovery method you can still try.

It saved me when i bricked my TL-WR842ND and couldn't enter failsafe mode as well.

Instructions:
Bricked TP-Link WDR4300 Version 1 Recovery/Rescue Unbrick Without A Serial Connection
Last edited by d3fz on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1

lollapalooza

Post by lollapalooza »

d3fz wrote:There is the TFTP recovery method you can still try.
The link I pasted was actually the guide to TFTP recovery ;-)