Version 1.9.2

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

manierofx

Re: Version 1.9.2

Post by manierofx »

Lantis wrote:Because that isn't how relayd works.
You need to choose a separate subnet so that it can relay information onto the same subnet.
to be honest, having different subnets give to me a lot of different problems:

1) I cannot control the qos/bandwidth from the main router because if the same laptop/mobile move to the bridge lan it gets a different ip;

2) the port forwarding can't work for the same reason;

3) I had in the past several problems like the other user have: a laptop moving between different subnets doesn't find lan printers and, on the contrary, the scanner didn't find the laptop in the bridge subnet.

Maybe it is not the correct way, but it is more useful.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I'm not sure if we are talking about different things, or you didn't understand the diagram.
Everything ends up on the same subnet (which is what you desire), but you must select a separate subnet to make it work.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

manierofx

Post by manierofx »

Probably I don't understand how it is possible, giving a bridge IP outside the AP subnet, to get a client IP in the first AP subnet.

I am using old foneras with old gargoyle in bridge (1.5.6 and 1.4.7 work very good) and when I select the bridge configuration, for the bridge IP it is written "must be in AP subnet".

With the 1.9.2 in my WNDR3700 it is written "must be outside AP subnet".

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Yes it was changed around 1.9.0.

You will need to google "relayd openwrt" if you want to understand it further.
Regardless, you don't need to understand it to use it. But to make my life simpler, I need you to not tell people to do the opposite of what the interface says. :)
Then I spend ny evenings fixing people's configuration issues.

If someone wants to try something different, we can do that in a different thread, but not this official version thread.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

manierofx

Post by manierofx »

Lantis wrote:But to make my life simpler, I need you to not tell people to do the opposite of what the interface says. :)
my apologizes, I don't use the bridge configuration with new gargoyle and I didn't see it changed. I saw it now.

Please, delete my posts if needed.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Not a problem. It's good discussion anyway. :)

-KAPMA-

Post by -KAPMA- »

Well, I read your conversation.
But why this problem occurs?
It is possible as that correct?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

kaminkehrer

Post by kaminkehrer »

Hello,

I use my TL-WR1043ND V1 only as access point.
My router between is a FritzBox7490.

After I have done the update to 1.9.2, my DHCP config always switch on automaticely.
Every time when I change something at WLAN config or any other the dhcp is enabled again.
I don't had this in 1.9.1.
For me it looks like an incident.

How can I ensure that the dhcp on my tp-link is always off.
DHCP will be managed by my FritzBox in my house.

Thanks in advance
Regards
kaminkehrer

pyron83

Post by pyron83 »

Bad feedback with this version of Gargoyle.

I was fully stable with the old 1.9.1 on my WDR-4300 and WA830REv1

With 1.9.2, I had:
*on my WA830REv1: DHCP server reactivating after having been disabled
*on my WDR4300: no internet on my clients, still I was able to ping any host on the internet from ssh on the 4300... I didn't have time to investigate any further about the cause of this issue (I needed to bring back internet for my family lol).
Now I'm back with the 1.9.1 and everything is fine.
I tried to reset and reconfigure the router, but the problem returned after some days (and no modifications to the config during those days).

Weird.