Version 1.9.2

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

prichard

Re: Version 1.9.2

Post by prichard »

I love gargoyle, but I want to ask a question: is not it time for a stable build (2.0?)?
I want to leave a suggestion: on routers ≥8mb flash, which come with SQM QoS pre installed

Davey126

Post by Davey126 »

tapper wrote:IMO 4MB routers should be dropped all together! To much hard work to keep telling people that 4MB routers are unstable. When Gargoyle mooves to a later Kernel and ver of LEDE / OpenWRT I don't think that we will be able to get a build to fit in a 4MB router.
First reason is silly ("to [sic] much hard work"...for whom?). Second clearly legitimate. Plenty of older 4 MB routers serve basic needs well without all of the bells & whistles. Fully stable on current Gargoyle builds.

n8b

Post by n8b »

prichard wrote:I love gargoyle, but I want to ask a question: is not it time for a stable build (2.0?)?
I think we first have to wait for the LEDE/OpenWrt remerge.
Then wait for Gargoyle to be build on this.

tapper

Post by tapper »

Davey126 wrote:
tapper wrote:IMO 4MB routers should be dropped all together! To much hard work to keep telling people that 4MB routers are unstable. When Gargoyle mooves to a later Kernel and ver of LEDE / OpenWRT I don't think that we will be able to get a build to fit in a 4MB router.
First reason is silly ("to [sic] much hard work"...for whom?). Second clearly legitimate. Plenty of older 4 MB routers serve basic needs well without all of the bells & whistles. Fully stable on current Gargoyle builds.
Hard work for me to keep repeating my self! It gets old you know! |-(

4 meg routers are not stable on Gargoyle unless you leev all the things that make OpenWRT in to Gargoyle turned off. Even LEDE is having some trouble on 4 meg routers like opkg messing up and running out of memmory. There is people on the OpenWRT /LEDE forums and on IRC complaining about it all the time.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

Heathkit

Remote access on C7 broken Version 1.9.2

Post by Heathkit »

Latest Archer C7
Cannot access through Wan port.
Have tried ports 8080 and 90 on http only but does not seem to work.

ispyisail

Re: Remote access on C7 broken Version 1.9.2

Post by ispyisail »

Heathkit wrote:Latest Archer C7
Cannot access through Wan port.
Have tried ports 8080 and 90 on http only but does not seem to work.
Try LAN

varma

Post by varma »

I hope to see soon the merge of OpenWRT and LEDE, to make possible to implement these two awesome patches into Gargoyle

https://forum.lede-project.org/t/qualco ... -lede/4582

https://forum.lede-project.org/t/hardwa ... -lede/1094
Tp-Link WR1043ND v1.4 using Gargoyle 1.7.2
Tp-Link WDR3600 v1.5 using OpenWRT CC by SamKnows

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Only fastpath and only if it get mainlined.
But yes I have been watching them with interest.

Doesn't mean we can't try it with custom builds of course.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Davey126

Post by Davey126 »

tapper wrote:
Davey126 wrote:
Hard work for me to keep repeating my self! It gets old you know! |-(

4 meg routers are not stable on Gargoyle unless you leev all the things that make OpenWRT in to Gargoyle turned off. Even LEDE is having some trouble on 4 meg routers like opkg messing up and running out of memmory. There is people on the OpenWRT /LEDE forums and on IRC complaining about it all the time.
Yes - it is "hard work" singing the same old song under the same old set of assumptions that may not apply to all. I have Gargoyle 1.9.2 installed on two 4 MB routers that have been rock solid with this build and several prior ones. One reason I stick with this firmware. I have no issue dropping support for older/smaller routers as newer builds emerge. Seems you are advocating a complete withdraw of those older builds for no other reason that drawing a philosophical line in the sand. Silly (if I read the intent correctly).

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Anyone noticed the pie chart layout for QoS distribution page is not fully shown on computer when viewed on Google Chrome? I only see one quarter of the pie chart..

It looks fine on Google Chrome on Android mobile though.

I had just installed 1.9.2 on WRT1900ACS.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.