Version 1.9.2

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

SaulG00dm4n

Re: Version 1.9.2

Post by SaulG00dm4n »

Im running 1.9.2 on a old tl-wr841n V8.4 (4mb) im seeing no problems so far it seems very stable, 5 days running. I mainly use this router for QoS thought.

paradoxman

Post by paradoxman »

Lantis wrote:Why are you complaining about speeds on a congested band?
the area i'm living in does not have congested 2,4 ghz band; even if it would have, old vers. of gargoyle 1.5.8 or 1.6.2 have much better speeds with same band, same channel, same congestion ...

paradoxman

Post by paradoxman »

ispyisail wrote:
So at least for me, all these new versions with all the extra functions added are simply useless if they cannot deliver the most important thing - wireless SPEED
If speed is your thing stick with stock firmware.

1.9.x series is the most stable Gargoyle ever for routers with more than 4MB flash.
I'm using gargole mainly for transparent bridge client which is not available in stock firmware and also for that "option noscan '1' " setting in AP mode which enables 40 mhz mode in all conditions without taking into account the other neighbour Ap's; my only question is why do all these newer versions have much worse wireless speed compared to the old versions, because in terms of speed I see a downgrade and not an upgrade

1900pro

Post by 1900pro »

Lantis wrote:Flash again please.
re-flashed 1.9.2 again and no help.
re-flashed back to 1.6.2 and able to save my configurations.
for some reasons ver 1.9.2 - soft-boot or power cycle will lost user configurations and back to factory defaults.
Ron

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

also for that "option noscan '1' " setting in AP mode which enables 40 mhz mode in all conditions without taking into account the other neighbour Ap's;
There is a lot I don't know about your router environment but this statement makes me wonder if your in a busy wifi area and 1.9.x series is forcing you to obey the wifi laws?

Adri

Post by Adri »

ispyisail wrote:
also for that "option noscan '1' " setting in AP mode which enables 40 mhz mode in all conditions without taking into account the other neighbour Ap's;
There is a lot I don't know about your router environment but this statement makes me wonder if your in a busy wifi area and 1.9.x series is forcing you to obey the wifi laws?
If you are living in a rural area with a non-congested wifi environment, there is no need for the 'no_scan' option, as 40 mhz would be enabled automatically.
If you are having a congested wifi environment and you like to break the law, that is the time to use the 'no_scan' option.

manierofx

Post by manierofx »

WNDR 3700 from 1.9.1 to 1.9.2 preserving setting

EDIT: the router reboots endless after 20/30 seconds. I was able to factory reset it doing it veeeeeeeery fast before it rebooted again.

After the factory reset via web interface, I made the same configuration as before and it seems it works as before.

jeremycobert

Post by jeremycobert »

TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 just upgrade from 1.9.1 and preserved settings. So far, all is working 12 hours into it.

The only odd things is only 7 channels in 2.4 band. Thankfully I was already on channel 6.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

jeremycobert wrote:TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 just upgrade from 1.9.1 and preserved settings. So far, all is working 12 hours into it.

The only odd things is only 7 channels in 2.4 band. Thankfully I was already on channel 6.
Please show a screenshot?
Are you using 40MHz?
If so, this is entirely expected.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

manierofx

Post by manierofx »

Lantis wrote: Please show a screenshot?
Are you using 40MHz?
If so, this is entirely expected.
2,4 GHz and 40 MHz
I cannot use channel 1-4, I can select only from 5 to 14