Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

fehmi
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

Postby fehmi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Hi, could someone show me how to open 13th channel with video

Lantis
Moderator
Posts: 4134
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:33 am
Location: Australia

Re: Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

Postby Lantis » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:59 pm

fehmi wrote:Hi, could someone show me how to open 13th channel with video


What country are you in?
Depending on that, it may not be legal to use channels 12 and 13.

We have plenty of written instructions for doing so. Why don’t you look at those and tell us where you got stuck.
WRT1900AC V1 on 1.10.X
WNDR3800/WRT3200ACM in a constant state of flux
www.lantisproject.com for custom builds and other projects
www.lantisproject.com/gargoyle_ispyisail/ for the latest releases

fehmi
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

Postby fehmi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:06 pm

yes appropriate legal turkey 12:13

User avatar
448
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:21 pm

Re: Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

Postby 448 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:29 am

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1.8 works fine on firmware 1.10.0.

I used the udpxy to run IPTV on firmware 1.8.1. Now it works without installing udpxy on firmware 1.10.0, but I did not find either udpxy or igmpproxy in the list of installed services. How does it work now?

A little about the update fhom 1.8.1 to 1.10.0.
I updated the firmware with saving the settings from version 1.8.1, and everything was ok.
After that, a little later I installed 1.10.0 firmware again (from 1.10 to 1.10) without saving the settings and I get a brick.
I restored the router via usb-serial adapter, and now it works again.

ysy
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

Postby ysy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:55 am

Is version 1.10.1 on the way? According to
https://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/do ... strictions "Version 1.10.1 and above now blocks http and https (encrypted) traffic."
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1.4

ispyisail
Moderator
Posts: 4084
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:15 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

Postby ispyisail » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:11 pm

ysy wrote:Is version 1.10.1 on the way? According to
https://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/do ... strictions "Version 1.10.1 and above now blocks http and https (encrypted) traffic."


you can have it now if you wish

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11502

d3fz
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:34 pm

Re: Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

Postby d3fz » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:24 pm

ispyisail wrote:
ysy wrote:Is version 1.10.1 on the way? According to
https://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/do ... strictions "Version 1.10.1 and above now blocks http and https (encrypted) traffic."


you can have it now if you wish

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11502

+1

Wait no more, "experimental"/snapshot builds are released almost every week, fixing bugs and adding new features.

"Come to the Dark Side..." :lol:
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1

Tired of Chrome? Try Vivaldi - an advanced browser built for power users

Wahroonga Farm
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

Postby Wahroonga Farm » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:35 pm

Hi all,

Currently running 1.9.1 on a TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1.

My question concerns the retention 'bandwidth data' and humble apologies if this is answered elsewhere or this question is in the wrong place.

I presume that an update without 'Attempting to Preserve Settings', results in erasure of all existing bandwidth data, whilst one that attempts an upgrade by Preserving Settings retains the historical data?

Given that it appears that 'saving settings' whilst updating to 1.10.0 is a 'no no'; is there a way to upgrade and preserve the bandwidth data stored in the router?

I have key data captured elsewhere, but I would like to continue the unbroken detailed data record (since August 2016). I can download the data as a CSV, but it seems I cannot restore the contents? Maybe I'm being silly and pedantic. :)

In any case my data comparison story looks like this. The chart is a detailed comparison of key Gargoyle data vs that of my internet service provider.

Image

Note: SkyMesh is my Internet provider. SkyMesh have suffered a litany of billing problems ... 99% in the customers favour. SkyMesh referred to my Gargoyle data to help sort thing out.

Thanks

Lantis
Moderator
Posts: 4134
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:33 am
Location: Australia

Re: Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

Postby Lantis » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:15 am

Wahroonga Farm wrote:Hi all,

Currently running 1.9.1 on a TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1.

My question concerns the retention 'bandwidth data' and humble apologies if this is answered elsewhere or this question is in the wrong place.

I presume that an update without 'Attempting to Preserve Settings', results in erasure of all existing bandwidth data, whilst one that attempts an upgrade by Preserving Settings retains the historical data?

Given that it appears that 'saving settings' whilst updating to 1.10.0 is a 'no no'; is there a way to upgrade and preserve the bandwidth data stored in the router?

I have key data captured elsewhere, but I would like to continue the unbroken detailed data record (since August 2016). I can download the data as a CSV, but it seems I cannot restore the contents? Maybe I'm being silly and pedantic. :)

In any case my data comparison story looks like this. The chart is a detailed comparison of key Gargoyle data vs that of my internet service provider.

Image

Note: SkyMesh is my Internet provider. SkyMesh have suffered a litany of billing problems ... 99% in the customers favour. SkyMesh referred to my Gargoyle data to help sort thing out.

Thanks


That's some cool data, i'd be sorry to see you lose it.
I recommend exporting the CSVs, and dumping the contents of /usr/data/bwmon. That is the raw data.

The only thing you can attempt (and i say attempt, because it may not work) is to flash, kill bwmon (/etc/init.d/bwmon stop), delete the data from /usr/data/bwmon and /tmp/data/bwmon, then put the saved data from /usr/data/bwmon back in place, and start bwmon again (/etc/init.d/bwmon start).

I'd make sure i was comfortable with a failsafe reset before attempting this :)
WRT1900AC V1 on 1.10.X
WNDR3800/WRT3200ACM in a constant state of flux
www.lantisproject.com for custom builds and other projects
www.lantisproject.com/gargoyle_ispyisail/ for the latest releases

Wahroonga Farm
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: Version 1.10.0 : New stable version with critical security fixes

Postby Wahroonga Farm » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:06 am

Hi lantis,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'll have a poke around ... and if comfortable give it a shot.


Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests