A Big Thank You !

Friendly, civilized conversation about life the universe and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Wolfclaw

A Big Thank You !

Post by Wolfclaw »

To all that have had a hand in creating the Gargoyle router firmware, I would like to show my appreciation for finally having a router that just does it's job with no fuss. :mrgreen:

Mine is a Netgear WNDR3700 v1 and after struggling with stock and being disappointed with DD-WRT's stability and its wireless signal/range, Gargoyle is now my choice.

Everything just works, even QOS. :o

So pat yourself on the back for a good job and I look forward to the next version, psst, private mail sever would be nice, using USB drive for temporary mail storage. ;)

feardc

Re: A Big Thank You !

Post by feardc »

I've purchased a TP-Link's TL-WR1043ND v1.11 Gigabit Router a few weeks ago and used to love the stock firmware, it's very rich and properly made, until the router stopped working after 6,5 days of uptime (always at that point). After a couple of reboots I got tired of the shit.

Tried to register my product, contact the TP-Link team for a fix, no response what so ever. They released v2 with new firmware instead, they didn't even bother fixing v1 routers.

Why should I spend money buying new model every time they fuck up the firmware? No thank you.

So now I'm running Gargoyle 1.5.11 and loving it, today is 1 week of uptime and no problems what so ever. Thank you Eric Bishop and the rest of the team who are working on this great firmware!

Best regards from Sweden. :)

@ Wolfclaw

Look at the OpenWrt's Attitude Adjustment package list, you have packages like XMail there, install, configure and have your own mail server at home. ;)
Gargoyle 1.6.2 @ TL-WR1043ND v1.11 + 4GB USB

CBx86

Post by CBx86 »

I want leave here my THANK YOU, too! :mrgreen:

Mine dont work fine on WDR4300, but Gargoyle is all i need.

Skyzx

Post by Skyzx »

Please accept my thanks as well.
I had bought a couple tp-link wr-740n's some years back, and found them wanting as conduits for dlna streaming running stock and dd-wrt.
So far gargoyle works well, and routers which I had thought defied polite description turn out to be rather nice machines.
Thank you all for your hard work.

skyzx