[solved]WRT 1900Acs V1 or V2

Friendly, civilized conversation about life the universe and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

gu3d3s

[solved]WRT 1900Acs V1 or V2

Post by gu3d3s »

Hi,

sorry for the basic question, but I did not find anything on the net, what is the real hardware and benefit difference between the WRT1900acs vs 1 and vs2?

Thx
Last edited by gu3d3s on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lantis

Re: WRT 1900Acs V1 or V2

Post by Lantis »

Nil that I am aware of, although this isn’t the right place to ask for a definite answer
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I saw responses to your post over at LEDE. If the powertable being loaded from internal rather than DTS is the only change, then you will experience zero difference using either one (unless you're trying to use it outside the country it is purchased from).
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

gu3d3s

Post by gu3d3s »

Well, in the doubt about the correct place I preferred to post here, therefore I found the most liberal for diverse subjects.
Yes the answer given in the forum LEDE clarified the doubt that I believe was only mine.
and discovers the post in the wrong place, it was not intended to disturb the forum.

gu3d3s

Post by gu3d3s »

Lantis wrote:zero difference using either one (unless you're trying to use it outside the country it is purchased from).
This is the problem, as this router is not officially sold in my country (brasil), and I will possibly buy a standard vs US I believe.

but I do not think I have any more problems with it, so I hope :D

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

It’s definitley ok to post here :). We will always try to help.
But there’s some things which we just don’t know and hardware is a tricky subject.

A V2 Router will be locked to using the US frequencies.

Comparing the regulatory requirements between US and BR:
US will allow you to exceed the specification on 2.4ghz (but with less channels)
US will allow you to exceed the specification in the first lot of channels in 5ghz
The rest of the 5ghz spectrum is the same or 1dB less