x86 missing kmod-igb

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

n8b

Re: x86 missing kmod-igb

Post by n8b »

Here is my build on torrent:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:790B6F4D044893DD1DABED7556788B44F04D5F68&dn=gargoyle_1.9.x-x86-generic-combined-ext4.img.gz&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

Download and unpack the .img file.
I use a Windows pc and the program USB Image Tool to restore the .img file to a flash drive.
Then simply plug the flash drive into the x86 router and power on :)

Connect to one port at a time to see if you get a 192.168.1.x IP assigned.

Your biggest issue might be the NIC driver. I tried many x86 routers and with pfsense I found that my NIC use Intel IGB.

A few pros and cons:

I don't know yet how to build the stable build or the experimental. Only the current on git.

The Connection | Basic page is odd. Like way too many elements are displayed. I had to click around to close all of them in order to make changes. First then was I able to save. Next time on that same page I had the same problem.

When I want a newer build I have to build it my self and transfer it to a new flash drive. If it doesn't work I can easily use the old flash drive.

Cannot add plugins (USB, webcam, AdBlock) - maybe they have to be build into the image.

FamousJaxx

Post by FamousJaxx »

Thanks N8B,

For the most part i've managed to get pretty much everything working.

I see what you mean about the Connection > Basic page - I find that if you switch the WAN port setting to something like "DHCP Wireless" and then back to "DHCP Wired" it seems to cleanup the page and allow you to make changes.

I didn't have any issue with drivers using 1x PCIe TPlink NIC and 1x PCIe Intel NIC - both worked as expected somehow, and I quickly established which one was the WAN and which one was the LAN.

I just have one deal breaker issue however, the quotas don't appear to work. Can you confirm/deny if they work for yourself? Basically, if I create a quota and apply it it seems to save correctly, and the firewall config file within gargoyle is updated to show the new quota as added, but the quota itelf seems to have no effect.

One test I did was to give my laptop a quota of 1mb but it never restricted me past the 1mb mark. Interestingly enough an error appears on the monitor after I add and save the quota as well referencing the quota config file. So it definitely doesn't like it.

Such a shame because this would solve all our problems if this worked!

Thanks in advance for your help, i've attempted x86 Gargoyle installtions in the past and i've never got so far before :)

n8b

Post by n8b »

Quotas works for me :)
Max Download: 1.000 MBytes
Throttle Bandwidth UL 10 kBytes/s UL 10 kBytes/s

Status page show 100% and internet access is very slow for that pc.

@ispyisail : Can you add gargoyle_1.9.x-x86-generic-combined-ext4.img.gz to your build/torrent ?

@Eric : Can you add gargoyle_1.9.1-x86-generic-combined-ext4.img.gz to download section ?

Over at LEDE and OpenWRT they have these x86 files. They are very straightforward to use.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

@Lantis

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Will take a look :)
I'm currently focussed on other parts of Gargoyle currently
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.