gargoyle-ispy 2016-September-25 22:16.torrent

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

sajjadhalai

Re: gargoyle-ispy 2016-September-25 22:16.torrent

Post by sajjadhalai »

that is the problem that quotas are only usable by Static IPS.
There must be a way to use with DHCP IPS,..
so it must be assigned with ID/User but not to static IPS

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

It must be assigned by IP and therefore a static IP is your only option.
There is no reason I can think of to not want it to behave this way.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Elecmuso

Post by Elecmuso »

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious, but is this a version that should work with my V3 version TP-link wr1043n ? I have been running 1.9.0.2, then recently moved to 1.9.1.1 (both from the Polish source) in the hope that it would resolve some repeated re-boot problems. The repeated re-boots started again this morning (last time it 'corrected itself' somehow after being disconnected for some time).

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Correct.

Reboot loops that stop when disconnecting from the Internet are usually due to corrupted bwmon data.
I'd suggest not preserving your settings.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Elecmuso

Post by Elecmuso »

OK Cheers. I'll try the new firmware tonight.

Elecmuso

Post by Elecmuso »

Been on 1.9.x for 24+ hours - so far so good.

chojny65

Post by chojny65 »

...I wonder how to cope with the change of time - last year was the "brick"

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

chojny65 wrote:...I wonder how to cope with the change of time - last year was the "brick"
get a serial cable

ghorvath

Post by ghorvath »

I have flashed this firmware on a TP-Link WR841N v11, but some things did not work properly. I have detailed them in this post:

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 063#p41063

but for convenience, I copy-paste the relevant information here, as well:
ghorvath wrote: I have flashed the new 1.9.x sysupgrade firmware, but I did not even get to set up qos, because I noticed that some of the pages do not preserve the settings properly. E.g. dynamic dns page does not save the setting, even if I click save settings. Or the port forwarding does not preserve settings, either. I set up 5 port forwards, and when I clicked save, it only remembered the first 2. Then I rebooted the device, and it forgot even those 2 settings. The Connection/Basic and Connection/DHCP settings seemed to hold through several reboots. And the device never rebooted accidentally, but again, I did not dare to set the qos knowing that some parts do not function properly.

It really is a shame, because it seemed like that at least the free space on the device was much more than before (e.g. 448 kbytes instead of 320, as with 1.9.1).
I am happy to give more information or est stuff if it helps.

Thank you for the great effort.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

ghorvath wrote:I have flashed this firmware on a TP-Link WR841N v11, but some things did not work properly. I have detailed them in this post:

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 063#p41063

but for convenience, I copy-paste the relevant information here, as well:
ghorvath wrote: I have flashed the new 1.9.x sysupgrade firmware, but I did not even get to set up qos, because I noticed that some of the pages do not preserve the settings properly. E.g. dynamic dns page does not save the setting, even if I click save settings. Or the port forwarding does not preserve settings, either. I set up 5 port forwards, and when I clicked save, it only remembered the first 2. Then I rebooted the device, and it forgot even those 2 settings. The Connection/Basic and Connection/DHCP settings seemed to hold through several reboots. And the device never rebooted accidentally, but again, I did not dare to set the qos knowing that some parts do not function properly.

It really is a shame, because it seemed like that at least the free space on the device was much more than before (e.g. 448 kbytes instead of 320, as with 1.9.1).
I am happy to give more information or est stuff if it helps.

Thank you for the great effort.
You preserved setting

you need to do a failsafe reset or re-flash if you can