New Linksys WIFI Drivers

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

phgerin

Re: New Linksys WIFI Drivers

Post by phgerin »

Fixed with a reflash without preserving the settings

lceron80

Post by lceron80 »

installed this on a wrt1200ac, wow seems good so far about 24 hours of uptime. two issues so far, the themes tab isn't available after installing a theme from the plugins tab. 2. the single port forward is missing the add button so there is no way to add a port. thanks for the hard work.

PS I like the new gui a lot.
1x wndr3700v4 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr3800 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr4300v1 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndrmacv2 exp. 1.9.x

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

iceron80 - I've got the add button to the right of the "To Port" field. If your browser screen isn't big enough to show the entire screen some of the fields and buttons disappear under the next field "port range forwarding" until you recuce the width enough that the fields appear in one column (I get this view on my ipad). Try reducing the zoom in your browser and see if the button appears.

(Not saying its correct behaviour but it would check if the button is there or not)

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Not all themes have been converted to the new UI yet.
If you install one that hasn't, you don't see the themes menu.

Only ones that currently work are the default and "Gargoyle Modern" which is just a recoloured gargoyle.

Obviously we are trying to fix the usability of the interface before working on the themes. We are getting closer though, and your feedback is appreciated.

Things like buttons disappearing (or being hard to find) based on width is one of the things we need to fix.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

lceron80

Post by lceron80 »

@Rog66,
thanks for the tip and this fixed my second issue

@Lantis
understood, i'm just bringing issues to the light
thanks for your hard work and keep it up
1x wndr3700v4 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr3800 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr4300v1 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndrmacv2 exp. 1.9.x

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

Lantis

router has been rock steady for over 2 week snow and both wifi signals still going strong - best firmware I've run for a long time - thanks !

Only issue I've had is that the firewall issue is still there (router resets to factory if certain restrictions are enabled).

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I can't reliably reproduce the issue so I'm finding it hard to debug.

If you can give me a procedure that is guaranteed to make it happen then I can try and look
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

Add a rule that blocks protocol DNS from a range of IPs - resets my router every time. (If I block port 53 instead that works fine)

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

As in you are using Layer 7 matching?
That is guaranteed to fail.

It's broken.

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

No idea - if restricting by protocol is level 7 matching then yes. But being broken is different to causing a factory reset/ router brick. If it's broken and not going to be fixed why not at least take it out of the GUI?