gargoyle-ispy - setup

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

gargoyle-ispy - setup

Post by ispyisail »

Hi all

If anybody is is interested this is how my setup works

My build machine is Ubuntu server on top of my work windows server 2012 via hyper-v.

I have a small script that does a full build and creates a torrent.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

cd ~/gargoyle && git pull

make FULL_BUILD=true

name="gargoyle-ispy $(date +'%Y-%B-%d %H:%M')"

find ~/gargoyle/images/ -type f -printf "%f\n" > /home/user/Dropbox/Public/"$name".txt

7za a -t7z -m0=lzma -mx=9 -mfb=64 -md=32m -ms=on /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/"$name".7z ~/gargoyle/images

## rm -rf /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/gar*/

## cp -r /home/user/gargoyle/images/ /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/gargoyle/

## mv /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/gargoyle/ /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/"$name"/

transmission-create -o /home/user/Dropbox/Public/"$name".torrent -c "www.gargoyle-router.com" -t udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80 -t udp://open.demonii.com:1337 -t udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969 -t udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969 /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/"$name".7z

transmission-remote -n 'transmission:transmission' -a /home/user/Dropbox/Public/"$name".torrent
The problem with my work is we only have a slow ADSL connection

3 Mbps Down
0.6 Mbps UP

I have another site where I place a mirror images

200 Mbps Down
100 Mbps UP

But this transfer takes a bit of time

Hope this helps

nworbnhoj

Re: gargoyle-ispy - setup

Post by nworbnhoj »

And from a prior conversation http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... aws#p31964
nworbnhoj wrote:I have often wondered if it would make sense to build these interim versions on an AWS EC2 instance and then the images would end up on S3 and readily shareable (ie avoid the upload)
ispyisail wrote: yeah.............I have thought this also.

I did a little work on this topic...............But the conclusion I came to is 95% of people use the same common images and 5% use all the other strange images.

so.....if every body downloads the same image 300 times x 5 meg each 1500 meg total

If I use "all" images at 300meg I only need to seed twice (600meg total) with torrents

Form first hand experience Torrents are real efficient

The down side to the end user is that needs to download 300meg each time
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

Tareq

Post by Tareq »

ispyisail wrote: yeah.............I have thought this also.

I did a little work on this topic...............But the conclusion I came to is 95% of people use the same common images and 5% use all the other strange images.

so.....if every body downloads the same image 300 times x 5 meg each 1500 meg total

If I use "all" images at 300meg I only need to seed twice (600meg total) with torrents

Form first hand experience Torrents are real efficient

The down side to the end user is that needs to download 300meg each time

I didn't understand any thing, what means by 1500mega total or 600mega total, what the deferent with you? Maybe there are somethings i don't know it :| .

If on me, i will upload all images inside folder and then put it in any torrent server, and then the user can choose his firmware image file at start download. :roll:
TP-LINK WR841N. V8.4 | Gargoyle 1.9 | South Yemen

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

If on me, i will upload all images inside folder and then put it in any torrent server, and then the user can choose his firmware image file at start download. :roll:
You create a torrent as you describe and see how big it gets

Tareq

Post by Tareq »

ispyisail wrote:You create a torrent as you describe and see how big it gets
Ok, i will try :geek:
TP-LINK WR841N. V8.4 | Gargoyle 1.9 | South Yemen

StopSpazzing

Post by StopSpazzing »

ispyisail wrote:Hi all

If anybody is is interested this is how my setup works

My build machine is Ubuntu server on top of my work windows server 2012 via hyper-v.

I have a small script that does a full build and creates a torrent.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

cd ~/gargoyle && git pull

make FULL_BUILD=true

name="gargoyle-ispy $(date +'%Y-%B-%d %H:%M')"

find ~/gargoyle/images/ -type f -printf "%f\n" > /home/user/Dropbox/Public/"$name".txt

7za a -t7z -m0=lzma -mx=9 -mfb=64 -md=32m -ms=on /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/"$name".7z ~/gargoyle/images

## rm -rf /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/gar*/

## cp -r /home/user/gargoyle/images/ /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/gargoyle/

## mv /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/gargoyle/ /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/"$name"/

transmission-create -o /home/user/Dropbox/Public/"$name".torrent -c "www.gargoyle-router.com" -t udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80 -t udp://open.demonii.com:1337 -t udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969 -t udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969 /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/"$name".7z

transmission-remote -n 'transmission:transmission' -a /home/user/Dropbox/Public/"$name".torrent
The problem with my work is we only have a slow ADSL connection

3 Mbps Down
0.6 Mbps UP

I have another site where I place a mirror images

200 Mbps Down
100 Mbps UP

But this transfer takes a bit of time

Hope this helps
Currently working on setting up travis-ci or some other service to build the source on any changes so and then upload it to github as binary. Will make everything easier. ;)

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Currently working on setting up travis-ci or some other service to build the source on any changes so and then upload it to github as binary. Will make everything easier. ;)
Its only a matter of time until my builds become redundant. But I guess I can say I did my small part :)

forkpool

Post by forkpool »

I have built the images but I'm wondering how could I build images for some supported models (in trunk) but unsupported officially.

Particularly I'm trying to get Gargoyle to TP-Link WA901ND v4.

I see it's supported by openwrt.

gu3d3s

Post by gu3d3s »

Hi,

I want help, please send me PM, how i install and config small server in my work for send or seed gargoyle. Vs.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

just install

https://www.qbittorrent.org/

then download and seed

If you want to get more advanced you could use transmission on Ubuntu,,,,,,,

Options are endless