gargoyle-ispy 2016-January-18 06:54.torrent

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

tapper

Re: gargoyle-ispy 2016-January-18 06:54.torrent

Post by tapper »

this build is working grate on my new c7 v2 thanks.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

miksi

Post by miksi »

Hello,

I'd like to upgrade from jan 4. to this build. Should I sysupgrade from web or ssh and should I preserve settings ? (TPLINK 1043ND v1)
Actually before 4 jan version I was on 1.7.1, then for awhile (2 weeks) run factory firmware (just to remind my self how crappy this thing is). After numerous freezes on stock, flashed jan 4. build, even restored settings from 1.7.1 without any problem.
Nice work BTW.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

deanMKD wrote:Yes, Lantis, 1.6.2 works very good for me. For now will stay on this version until you released Stable 1.9 or 2.0 who know. :D

EDIT: Lantis, one suggestion for distributting this build, and next releases. Can you upload to some cloud or FTP so users can get only build for their router. Downloading 300+ MB for only 3-4 MB sucks. If you know what i meen. ;)
It's the most efficient distribution method available to ispyisail at the moment sorry.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

miksi wrote:Hello,

I'd like to upgrade from jan 4. to this build. Should I sysupgrade from web or ssh and should I preserve settings ? (TPLINK 1043ND v1)
Actually before 4 jan version I was on 1.7.1, then for awhile (2 weeks) run factory firmware (just to remind my self how crappy this thing is). After numerous freezes on stock, flashed jan 4. build, even restored settings from 1.7.1 without any problem.
Nice work BTW.
Web upgrade is fine.
I wouldn't preserve settings.

You can save a backup and manually restore individual settings files on a case by case basis. The main config that will conflict is /etc/config/wireless
Everything eill be fine.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

deanMKD

Post by deanMKD »

Lantis wrote:
deanMKD wrote:Yes, Lantis, 1.6.2 works very good for me. For now will stay on this version until you released Stable 1.9 or 2.0 who know. :D

EDIT: Lantis, one suggestion for distributting this build, and next releases. Can you upload to some cloud or FTP so users can get only build for their router. Downloading 300+ MB for only 3-4 MB sucks. If you know what i meen. ;)
It's the most efficient distribution method available to ispyisail at the moment sorry.
Yes i know, but if is possible, do not put all firmwares in all archive, so user can select from torrent what files need them. i hope so this is not problem. Anyway P2P allready will be used.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Yes i know, but if is possible, do not put all firmwares in all archive, so user can select from torrent what files need them. i hope so this is not problem. Anyway P2P allready will be used.
deanMKD
I have looked at a few options.

The problem with your suggested method is the files can,t be compressed unlike a single file.

Goes from 300meg to 1000meg

Also people tend to be selfish, the advantage of a single file is it forces people to share all files.

As an example I get around 100 downloads per build but yet only 2 to 4 people seed, I have two perminant seeds

At the end of the day I'm just an end user like yourself, you are more than welcome to come up with a better solution. You could even create you own builds to save baND width?

chojny65

Post by chojny65 »

with me on the C7 v.2 at 2.4GHz and the bandwidth of 40 MHz for I can not get work in 2 channels despite the settings in the router, checked on several channels in the configuration of 40+ and 40 -.....
on firmware 1.8.1 there was no problem with that ....

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

chojny65 wrote:with me on the C7 v.2 at 2.4GHz and the bandwidth of 40 MHz for I can not get work in 2 channels despite the settings in the router, checked on several channels in the configuration of 40+ and 40 -.....
There's probably too many networks around you.
You aren't supposed to use 40mhz (2 channels) when it will interfere with other users. please read http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless ... ghz-part-1 from after the "4th of May" entry.

You can set this to be ignored but is against regulatory standards.

chojny65

Post by chojny65 »

chojny65 wrote:with me on the C7 v.2 at 2.4GHz and the bandwidth of 40 MHz for I can not get work in 2 channels despite the settings in the router, checked on several channels in the configuration of 40+ and 40 -.....
Lantis wrote:
There's probably too many networks around you.
You aren't supposed to use 40mhz (2 channels) when it will interfere with other users. please read http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless ... ghz-part-1 from after the "4th of May" entry.

You can set this to be ignored but is against regulatory standards.

all clear, thanks

deanMKD

Post by deanMKD »

ispyisail wrote:
deanMKD
I have looked at a few options.

The problem with your suggested method is the files can,t be compressed unlike a single file.

Goes from 300meg to 1000meg

Also people tend to be selfish, the advantage of a single file is it forces people to share all files.

As an example I get around 100 downloads per build but yet only 2 to 4 people seed, I have two perminant seeds

At the end of the day I'm just an end user like yourself, you are more than welcome to come up with a better solution. You could even create you own builds to save baND width?
I can provide a mirror for all builds, so users can get only required files.