gargoyle-ispy 2015-November-03 02:51.torrent

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: gargoyle-ispy 2015-November-03 02:51.torrent

Post by Lantis »

1969 root 1424 S {S60nfsd} /bin/sh /etc/rc.common /etc/rc.d/S60nfsd b
ok see that is what i'm talking about.
that process has failed at boot and hasn't completed, and as a result your samba processes aren't running either.

i suspect if you press reboot now, it won't go because that process is stuck.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

looks like you are correct

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

i am both happy and sad about that :P

if you "kill 1969" your router will return to normal.
because you have already initiated a reboot, once you kill that process the router should immediately reboot.

I have opened an issue on the Git about this.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Issue with nfs should now be fixed -- please try with latest update to init script.

tapper

Post by tapper »

Hi found a bugs.
:twisted:
I loaded my n750 with gargoyle_1.9.x-ar71xx-generic-mynet-n750-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin latest ispy build. I did not save settings.
It flashed ok.

It wood not run as a repeater bridge. I tryed repeating the 5 GHZ and 2.4 GHZ no joy! Know matter what I did it wood not work as a repeater bridge.I tryed with no incription and rebootted both routers 2 or 3 times. I tryed with WDS on and off.

So then i got pissed off with it and my kids wingeing at me i tryed to flash back to 1.8 but i had the factoryupgrade file and it wood not flash.
It did flash back after i used my laptop to come on to the site and get the sysupgrade file, is that normal?

When i got it flashed back to 1.8 it still wood not repeat the 5 GHZ from my AP but it worked with the 2.4 GHZ. When it fails to repeat my AP it makes any device connected to the my n750 IPs in that start with 69. To get back on to the web interface i have to go and set a static IP.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

SirDrexl

Post by SirDrexl »

tapper wrote:So then i got pissed off with it and my kids wingeing at me i tryed to flash back to 1.8 but i had the factoryupgrade file and it wood not flash.
It did flash back after i used my laptop to come on to the site and get the sysupgrade file, is that normal?
It seems logical to me that a sysupgrade version would be for flashing any version of Gargoyle to another, so it would also work as a "sysdowngrade."

Fortunately if this is ever an issue, the n750 (which I also have) has that emergency recovery process. I had to use it due to a stupid mistake (locked myself out with a new password I didn't record in my password manager).

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Eric wrote:Issue with nfs should now be fixed -- please try with latest update to init script.
Fix seems good.

Now seeing a weird issue with my network drive.
OS detects that there is about 1TB of data on the drive, but it is only mounting a small empty partition (124MB). Not sure what the go is there. as a result, minidlna loses its database and regenerates a new one which is blank because there are no files.

Wondering if nfsd is holding a lock over the drive?

Steps to reproduce error:
seems that just rebooting the router caused the issue

To fix:
through the UI, unmount the usb drive
unplug it physically, then replug it in.
/etc/init.d/minidlna stop
kill -9 $(pidof minidlna)
/etc/init.d/minidlna start

minidlna is now back to normal. and the drive now has files visible on it.

running nfsd after this doesn't cause the issue to return immediately. device has to be rebooted.

StopSpazzing

Post by StopSpazzing »

This is first build that includes my code to change from xhtml to html5 :D :D