gargoyle-ispy 2015-October-18 05:57.torrent

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

pmerrill

Re: gargoyle-ispy 2015-October-18 05:57.torrent

Post by pmerrill »

Any ETA yet on when a stable CC release will be complete?

I'm not game to try the STC releases just because the family could pummel me for a buggy experience but I'm keen to get the stable release to improve wifi performance.

I've got a Wireless Access Point 901ND running stock and a TPLink 4300 running Gargoyle. The features of Gargoyle are superior but the 4300 cannot match stock for wifi performance. Not the fault of Gargoyle but the BB release.
Paul
Gargoyle 1.11.x on TP-Link Archer C7 V2 H/W

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

No ETA at this time. I believe you would find the firmware quite stable, I am yet to have a crash during normal operation.

My suggestion would be to:
- make a backup of your current config
- flash 1.9.X late at night when the family is on low usage.
- re-do your settings manually.

Give it a go for a few days and see.

If you get too many complaints, flash back and restore settings.

We need people like yourself to test the stability for us :)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I'm using it on my home router

Only using the basic features

no quotas, where there may be problem with 1.8 and 1.9?

Evzen

Post by Evzen »

papaskitch wrote:What you're asking for is simply not possible with existing resources.
And that's all I'm saying - that the slow WAN-LAN throughput will get more attention only after it becomes the developers' own problem; until then they will have other priorities.
Unfortunately. No matter how big the problem is for those with fast lines.

I would expect rather some testing scenarios to test where the problem can be, instead of the sarcastic remarks...
UPC broadband 240/20 Mbit
TP-LINK TL-WDR4300 v1.7

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Evzen wrote:
papaskitch wrote:What you're asking for is simply not possible with existing resources.
And that's all I'm saying - that the slow WAN-LAN throughput will get more attention only after it becomes the developers' own problem; until then they will have other priorities.
Unfortunately. No matter how big the problem is for those with fast lines.

I would expect rather some testing scenarios to test where the problem can be, instead of the sarcastic remarks...
There is an element of truth in this statement but that is the way it is.

Welcome to open source

pmerrill

Post by pmerrill »

Lantis wrote:We need people like yourself to test the stability for us :)
Being a good corporate citizen, I agree. I'll have to sort out a time to do it this weekend.

One question though, 1.8 is very stable for me, I don't use anything fancy, no plugins and no guest, just restrictions on PCs from time to time (so the kids actually put their PCs down and speak with one another!). However, the 1.8 wifi is sub-par. My TP-Link 901ND Access Point running stock will connect 11n at 300mbps. 1.8 will not (more like 150mbps) and an HP laptop I have always drops off the gargoyle router but not the AP.

I know that this is because of problems with the OpenWRT BB release and not Gargoyle. Can anyone provide some details as to how good the wifi is with Gargoyle CC? I've tried CC itself and it appears to not have the problems BB had so I could connect at 300 mbps.
Paul
Gargoyle 1.11.x on TP-Link Archer C7 V2 H/W

bill1228

Post by bill1228 »

ispyisail wrote:USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

https://goo.gl/aNiZeV

Routers
https://goo.gl/M7UxiH
Change the way we grab plugins defaults
duplicate -j
Removed duplicated -j switch, no need to listed email.js twice.
New to Gargoyle, but would like to install on my wrt1900ac v1 router. I see references to torrents but not sure how this gets me the firmware for the wrt1900ac. Is there a location where the image can be downloaded? Have looked everywhere I can think of on this site. These are probably dumb questions to experienced folks but us new folks can get lost. ;)
Thanks in advance.
--bill
Linksys WRT3200ACM
Linksys WRT1900ACS V1 standby
Everyone has a right to be stupid once in awhile. Yet some just abuse the privilege.

tapper

Post by tapper »

bill1228 wrote:
ispyisail wrote:USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

https://goo.gl/aNiZeV

Routers
https://goo.gl/M7UxiH
Change the way we grab plugins defaults
duplicate -j
Removed duplicated -j switch, no need to listed email.js twice.
New to Gargoyle, but would like to install on my wrt1900ac v1 router. I see references to torrents but not sure how this gets me the firmware for the wrt1900ac. Is there a location where the image can be downloaded? Have looked everywhere I can think of on this site. These are probably dumb questions to experienced folks but us new folks can get lost. ;)
Thanks in advance.
--bill

Hi dont worry about asking for help mate we all have to do it at some time.

Go to this link https://goo.gl/aNiZeV
Then you can download the torent file, it's on dropbox.

Use bittorrent to down load the file then you will have a .7z file use win rar to unzip the file and you will then have a folder called images. inside that one go to the folder called and the file for your router is gargoyle_1.9.x-mvebu-armada-xp-linksys-mamba-squashfs-factory.img i think!
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

bill1228

Post by bill1228 »

Thanks, Tapper for the info. Downloading torrent as I write this. Will expand and install appropriate firmware when done. I think you are correct in the file to be used from the name.
Have used Gargoyle on a couple of older routers in the past and was hoping it would become available for the wrt1900ac v1.

--bill
Linksys WRT3200ACM
Everyone has a right to be stupid once in awhile. Yet some just abuse the privilege.

bill1228

Post by bill1228 »

Successfully installed Gargoyle 1.9 on my wrt1900ac v1. Seems steady as a rock so far. Only issue I see is the lack of AC wireless support. I think this is because of the version of CC being used has the 10.3.0.3 version of the wireless driver?? There is no option in the UI either, again because of the wireless driver version I assume.

Hopefully Marvel will provide a good driver soon. Seems ridiculous that 1 1/2 years after release they still have not provided a decent driver to the 3rd party devs. By the time they get it right no one will be wanting to buy a Linksys 3rd party supported router due to the history. To bad since that is where it all started.

Enough bitching. In every other respect I am happy with the way my wrt1900ac is performing. Use just the basics, routing, hardwired and wireless client support.

--bill
Linksys WRT3200ACM