Adblock Plugin

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

vladtheodor

Re: Adblock Plugin

Post by vladtheodor »

Lantis wrote:It’s either in /plugin_root/Adblock or /usr/Adblock.
Added line in /plugin_root/Adblock then found words in browser, saved. Found new lines in /usr/Adblock, page still blocked. They are more access restrictions to add (in whitelist) like "full url/domain" "contains/matches"... Maibe hosts lists should be edited. Anyway, please take a look to adblock in Gargoyle please. And please put a "manual update definitions" for, i don't know if adblock after a reboot will keep user settings or definition list will be overwritten. Thanks !
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

You can’t edit that file directly as it is derived.
You need to add the line to the whitelist, then trigger an update from Adblock GUI.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

vladtheodor

Post by vladtheodor »

Found in "/plugin_root/usr/lib/adblock" (my) links, updated in browser the database - still nothing. I will try tomorrow another blocked link, maybe the initial link has dependencies in the cloud... Should maybe put before any whitelisted link a 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1 like in "HostsMan" !? Damn, some people know that we ar using adblocker and we wanna see no comercials... :(
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

There's no need to edit these files manually. It can all be done from the GUI, and unless you understand how it works, you won't make a difference.

I tested this on my end and bild.de is not blocked by default.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

vladtheodor

Post by vladtheodor »

Lantis wrote:I tested this on my end and bild.de is not blocked by default.
Can't understand this. Using internet explorer and other browser without any adblocker or private-mode...
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1

vladtheodor

Post by vladtheodor »

Ok, enabled "ad exemption" for clients, working and i can show bild. Does with this enabled ip-range block other ads or not ? Or is the same as a totally disabled adblocker ? Teoretically "ad exemption" for entire ip-range in wan or lan does unblock nothing, same as a whitelist...
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

You need to start from the beginning. I am concerned you have corrupted config.

Start with fresh Adblock installation and confirm you can access the website.
Until you can do this don’t proceed. In the default configuration this should work. You may need to flush dns or clear caches. Try various devices to confirm.

You shouldn’t need to add any whitelist entries for that site.

vladtheodor

Post by vladtheodor »

I said "i can show this now" not "i can't show". Nevermind, fine all. "Ad exemption" should be enabled too (as is). And ads are gone now (try deviantart) and forever. Thanks, all fine now!!!
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1

vladtheodor

Post by vladtheodor »

News-flash: bild.de not working again, blocked. And i did nothing, yesterday was all fine. I give up. Searching for another newspapers. :oops:
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1

keychi

Post by keychi »

I have a problem with the addon

I noticed that the add-on has an increasing problem with recognizing addresses such as:

www.onet.pl | They have the same IP address, but they are whitelisted
onet.pl | I can not access the site any variants
+18 mini.zbiornik.com | It has two different IP addresses but it only blocks
+18 zbiornik.com this, why?

please help
TP-LINK WDR-4300 (main router) - 1.9.2 Gargoyle
TP-LINK WR743ND in garage - 1.9.2 gargoyle
And many Chinese LB-LINK Repeater's another location