Adblock Plugin

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: Adblock Plugin

Post by Lantis »

First post updated. Version 1.0.1 released. Minor bugfixes. Localisation added.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

nworbnhoj: I found one failure case for the plugins that may be causing the problems you experienced, which should now be fixed in the repo.

What was happening was the result of the fact that when you upgrade and preserve settings, the plugins are not preserved, but some of the config files installed by the plugins are preserved. If you then try to reinstall the plugin after reinstalling Gargoyle and preserving settings, the new plugin file will conflict with the old one and the installation will fail.

I fixed/addressed the problem by seting the default plugin installation mode to use --force-overwrite, so the old files will always get over-written in this case, instead of having the installation fail.

nworbnhoj

Post by nworbnhoj »

Thanks Erc - yes, at the time, I suspected this ...
Eric wrote:when you upgrade and preserve settings, the plugins are not preserved, but some of the config files installed by the plugins are preserved.
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

First post updated.

As of version 1.7.2 you no longer need to add a custom feed to get this plugin.
I will host minor updates on my own website between major releases. This is the only time you will need to use that feed.

As of version 1.7.2 you no longer need to manually add the language files. I will host minor updates on my own website between major releases.

Version details can be found under "Updating" in post 1.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

mates

Post by mates »

thank you for this plug in

do you have some ETA for black/white list gui implementation?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Not really mate.
Basically I work on this stuff as a hobby and to clear my head when I get sick of my university project.
Sometimes I'm particularly frustrated with it ;) and I get a lot done.

Realistically. 4-5 months. Hope you can understand.

scrmtrey

Post by scrmtrey »

Great plugin. Now i can disable adblocker in browser and browsing performance is super fast.

Also the ads within apps (ios, android) gets blocked too, so thath fucking epic!!!

Great work, cheers.
wdr3600 v1.5 @ Latest ispyisail build

mgoo

Post by mgoo »

Absolutely great, thankyou Lantis !

-mgoo

FishHead

Post by FishHead »

This is a fantastic plugin, thank you so much for your effort. My kids have tablets and the free games that they play have ads that are a little too adult for my liking and this blocks them all.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

+1