Gargoyle-ispy 2015-January-10.7z

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

mohamedtoma73

Re: Gargoyle-ispy 2015-January-10.7z

Post by mohamedtoma73 »

i installed this version on tp-link wa841nd v8 router.after 3 days of use the router entered into cycle of continuous reboots which may be due to corrupt configuration files.i powered the router off and made it enter into failsafe mode as described into openwrt wiki.then i telnet the router and write firstboot into the commandline which erased these configuration files.after the reboot cycle ended and i managed to install openwrt BB 14.07 and continue using it till more stable gargoyle BB is developed.
Last edited by mohamedtoma73 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marrco

Post by marrco »

I just tested a few plugins, and something is broken on a TP-Link TL-WR841N/ND v9

WiFi scheduling for Gargoyle. It looks like it's installed, but there's no menu entry for it. And if i click on uninstall i'm not able to remove this 'ghost' plugin. Interface reports Status: Installed. Reboot doesn't fix

Logread for Gargoyle i click install but nothing happens. I simply doesn't install, no errors. interface reports Status: Not Installed

Webshell for Gargoyle : works fine.

Ping Watchdog : works fine

both logread and wifi scheduling worked with the older build. I never tested the ping watchdog plugin

mgoo

Post by mgoo »

ispyisail wrote:torrent

http://goo.gl/8YyOKh

no public tracker so I think you may need to use Vuze?
Vuze looks like being either commercial or an adware product.
I have tried the Transmission client, suposedly including some kind of DHT compatibility, but after 6 hours, zero active peers with this trackerless torrent has been found.

-mgoo

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

mgoo wrote:
ispyisail wrote:torrent

http://goo.gl/8YyOKh

no public tracker so I think you may need to use Vuze?
Vuze looks like being either commercial or an adware product.
I have tried the Transmission client, suposedly including some kind of DHT compatibility, but after 6 hours, zero active peers with this trackerless torrent has been found.

-mgoo
After a couple of days I turned my machine off, nobody was using it.

I tested it with "deluge" and it works

try again

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

looks like qbittorrent also works well

marrco

Post by marrco »

ok, i will seed it for a few weeks
But, as i told you in a pm, i can also host the file for you, a few GB per day are not a problem

jmc730

Post by jmc730 »

re: This post

ispyisail, not trying to nag, but do you have any input about 5ghz and dual band support? I still haven't been able to get it to work. Thanks.

kingnick

Post by kingnick »

jmc730 wrote:re: This post

ispyisail, not trying to nag, but do you have any input about 5ghz and dual band support? I still haven't been able to get it to work. Thanks.
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wdr7500

For the Archer C7 v1.x 5GHz 802.11a/n/ac functionality is not supported, and likely will never be, since support for the AR1A (v1) variant of QCA9880 chip is not included in the open source ath10k driver. The Archer C7 v2.x uses the BR4A (v2) variant which is supported in ath10k so 5GHz 802.11a/n/ac is possible with Barrier Breaker.

Luci for Barrier Breaker does not supporting configuring 802.11ac via the web GUI (supported in Chaos Calmer trunk branch as of 10/2014).

Gargoyle 1.7.x is based off Barrier Breaker and non-trivial changes would have to be made to Gargoyle's webgui to accommodate 802.11ac configuration via the webgui.

I would not be surprised if 802.11AC isn't well or at all supported by Gargoyle until a later Gargoyle build based on OpenWrt Chaos Calmer final build or a later OpenWrt build.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

marrco wrote:ok, i will seed it for a few weeks
But, as i told you in a pm, i can also host the file for you, a few GB per day are not a problem
Yeah, thanks

I still working through the issues

snake218

Post by snake218 »

marrco wrote:I just tested a few plugins, and something is broken on a TP-Link TL-WR841N/ND v9

WiFi scheduling for Gargoyle. It looks like it's installed, but there's no menu entry for it. And if i click on uninstall i'm not able to remove this 'ghost' plugin. Interface reports Status: Installed. Reboot doesn't fix

Logread for Gargoyle i click install but nothing happens. I simply doesn't install, no errors. interface reports Status: Not Installed

Webshell for Gargoyle : works fine.

Ping Watchdog : works fine

both logread and wifi scheduling worked with the older build. I never tested the ping watchdog plugin
Im having problems with wr841n/d v9 with official 1.7.0 (QoS Upload can't set, enable, or save settings, reset to factory settings don't work either) from current ispy builds, wich is more stable for this router? From what i read i guess its build January 06, am i right?