Gargoyle-ispy 2015-January-02.7z

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

Re: Gargoyle-ispy 2015-January-02.7z

Post by ispyisail »

Could you please summarize the compatibility status of the Archer C7?
Everything works fine and stable except the wifi AC?
I have read that wifi AC it won't be supported in gargoyle until openwrt CC gets to the stable version which could be in a year or so.

Or when more or less gargoyle will start to support wifi AC?
nobody knows

but I suspect not anytime soon

if you want gargoyle + AC now, purchase two routers

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Is possible to donate money to get this implemented in gargolye sooner?

In the past Eric has stated he will do contract work for real money. I doubt that $100 bucks will do the job. add an extra 0 and i suspect that he will be more interested.

dieselz

Post by dieselz »

i am in and i think it is worth it really we have enough people care enough to make it happen,
gargoyle is has the best qos to manage a small networks for a cheap prices plus gargoyle has given us (or at least me) a lot and i would be happy to help with whatever i can give.
if that will help to motivate our Devs. i support it thank you iSpy and really appreciate all your work guys and Eric too <3
Linksys WRT1900ACS V2 1.12.x gargoyle-iSpy

rojolko

Post by rojolko »

Hello,

Archer C7 V2 dual band is working good here. Seems stable so far.

I just had to build from sources with a little edit to ar71xx.usb_large profile to add ath10k module as built-in.

Gargoyle UI shows dual band settings but I could not use it to set it up. I had to do it through command line.

Hope it helps

leigh8904

Post by leigh8904 »

rojolko wrote:Hello,

I just had to build from sources with a little edit to ar71xx.usb_large profile to add ath10k module as built-in.

Gargoyle UI shows dual band settings but I could not use it to set it up. I had to do it through command line.

Hope it helps
Hi rojolko, could you give a bit more details on the commands you used to manually configure? I am rather a noob with gargoyle.

I managed to create my own build of Gargoyle 1.7.1 with the ath10k kernel modules. I simply copied the modules to the router and loaded them okay, but this created a second wlan interface wlan1, which does enable 5GHz. How do make this work in view of the existing wlan0 interface, which I assume is owned by the ath9k module?

Thanks.

leigh8904

Post by leigh8904 »

leigh8904 wrote:
rojolko wrote:Hello,

Hope it helps
Hi rojolko, could you give a bit more details on the commands you used to manually configure? I am rather a noob with gargoyle.

I managed to create my own build of Gargoyle 1.7.1 with the ath10k kernel modules. I simply copied the modules to the router and loaded them okay, but this created a second wlan interface wlan1, which does enable 5GHz. How do make this work in view of the existing wlan0 interface, which I assume is owned by the ath9k module?

Thanks.
Okay, I think I solved it myself. The steps I took:
1. Build Gargoyle 1.7.1 ar71xx.usb_large modified to include ath10k kernel module.
2. Copy ath10k package file from build to router: ./ar71xx-src/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/kmod-ath10k_3.10.49+2014-05-22-1-3d085dc48e07dd4b62ddca86b61e76b8_ar71xx.ipk
3. Install package on router: opkg install kmod-ath10k_3.10.49+2014-05-22-1-3d085dc48e07dd4b62ddca86b61e76b8_ar71xx.ipk
Should now have both ath9k + ath10k kernel modules loaded, and have 2x wlan interfaces.
4. Create new wireless config:
- cd /etc/config
- mv wireless wireless.bak
- wifi detect > wireless
5. Manually edit /etc/config/wireless to incorporate SSID settings from wireless.bak backup copy for both interfaces. Give 5G interface a separate SSID name (eg <something>-5G); not 100% sure if this is needed.
6. Save a copy of new config in case it gets overwritten:
- cp wireless wireless.new
7. Restart networking: /etc/init.d/network restart
8. Enjoy

Note: Gargoyle GUI config will revert the 5GHz settings is you save Connection -> basic settings again from the GUI; so either don't do that, or else be prepared to restore from the backup copy.

Next job: fix the Gargoyle GUI configuration (if I get to it and can work it out :-) ).

Otherwise, Gargoyle 1.7.1 working fine for me on TP-Link Archer C7 router.