Gargoyle-ispy 2014-June-15.7z

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

dieselz

Re: Gargoyle-ispy 2014-June-15.7z

Post by dieselz »

i want to report that when i disabled ANI performance increased for the first hour or so and then it decreases and starts to drop devices one by one and the weird thing they do not see the network so i have ANI back on now and its all good half blind but not blind right?
does anyone have any tip on something i can do to auto save?
thank you.
Linksys WRT1900ACS V2 1.12.x gargoyle-iSpy

scrmtrey

Post by scrmtrey »

Maybe they fix the ani problem and is now all good. :)
wdr3600 v1.5 @ Latest ispyisail build

piersoar

Post by piersoar »

Thanks ispy for making these early releases available to us.

Want to report that the June-15 build is unusable in my setup (WR1043ND Gateway to 2xWR1043ND APs via WDS) whereas the June-8 build works perfectly right out of the box (no ANI, distance or low_ack changes needed). I guess all those latest openwrt updates to ath9k are not working well across all platforms/configurations.
June-15 build for me has clients dropping out and being unable to reconnect. Streaming clients particularly noticeable. Could be the same symptom as pmerril reports as 'wifi connected items started dropping off the perch'?? In my case it could be ANI-related (?) as when the microwave or central heating blower activated there seemed to be more chance of clients dropping. Getting plenty of the *old* 'Failed to stop TX DMA' run-away messages on both the Gateway and APs too. Haven't tried all the combinations of changes to ANI, distance or low_ack to see if stability can be found, but can do if there's interest.

For now, have left the 2x APs on the June-15 build and reverted the Gateway to June-8. All rock solid again. APs no longer reporting TX DMA run-away, so that was somehow being caused by the Gateway too.

Will head over to openwrt and see what they're saying, but thought I'd give Gargoyle bleeding-edge users a heads-up that June 15 build may cause problems.
Cheers!
TP-Link WR1043ND v1.8 @ ispy 1.6.X (Built 20140607-0228 git@8cf7e81)

harpy

Post by harpy »

I can not login into the configuration webpage on my phone
Via wifi, but can still access router with ssh and ping it,
Router tp-link1043nd v2
When i press login i get only "Please Wait While Settings Are Applied" bubble
Edit : works perfectly on desktop
Edit2: fixed after disabling adblock
plus app (sigh) build working perfectly for 5 days, 12 hours, 15 minutes, thanks ispyisail

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

Don't think the wireless problems have been fixed. I'm sat next to my router and today have had multiple drops in an hour while on a web conference. The 5Ghz band disappeared completely and the 2.4gHz band kept dropping my laptops connection. :-(

tapper

Post by tapper »

@Rog66 go to the wifi connection
page and change one of the settings there and save then change it back to make shor that the wifi settings are loaded up rite.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

I checked the settings in the wireless config file and they all matched the GUI. At some point the 5GHz signal just disappeared from my laptop and only rebooting the router brought it back.

scrmtrey

Post by scrmtrey »

So its ANI bug fixed in this version ? Can i enable it ?
wdr3600 v1.5 @ Latest ispyisail build

dieselz

need your help!!

Post by dieselz »

can someone help me with this problem?
lately there has been power outage series going on so, three days ago my router started acting up in a weird way as in my clients (my lappie wired connection and phone wireless) work fine but other clients on the network gets slow everything and when i checked my bandwidth its there and none of these clients are able to use it.
i use 2GB microsd with a reader as root for the router i thought because of the power outage it got fucked up or so just like it happened before so i tried the upgrade .bin to upgrade usually fixes the problem but nothing this time, i tried to reset to factory settings but it freezes and wont do it so i used factory bin and used 16gb flash drive instead thinking it might be the problem and nothing.
i tried to disable QoS for both download and upload and still the problem there.
can someone tell me how to fix QoS please!!!
any suggestions please?

*Edit: when i saved again to disabling both QoS it works fine now, so its the QoS thats the problem or might be the Active congestion control.. i dont know really can someone advise on what to do please

**the problem fixed itself when i made the router is the root directory >.<
thank you.
Linksys WRT1900ACS V2 1.12.x gargoyle-iSpy

roman9441

Post by roman9441 »

Wow thank you will test it soon