Translation in French : how much work?

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

ViBE

Re: Translation in French : how much work?

Post by ViBE »

Lantis wrote:/www/i18n I think.
What did you want to change? Is it something that others may benefit from
oh i'm not interested in french. i just did not find that translation topic where i found the method. i know where are the files but i cannot edit them. i dunno how to get premission for those files. i alredy started a translation "on-the-fly" but i can't remember how. i just remember that it worked and now i would like to continue it.

Aragorn_Strider

Post by Aragorn_Strider »

Hi all,

I had a very quick look on the great job done by lyrz (thanks to him :) ) and commited on github here.

I have a question about the day translated strings which are used in descriptions of rules, like in restrictions and quotas, for example "Mon 00:30 - Tue 13:15, Fri 14:00 - Fri 15:00" =>

Are the rules strings tests based on the strings found in strings.js ?
And are these tests independant of the case (Upper/Lower) ?

If the answers are yes and no to these questions, the line :
+UI.Fri="ven";
should be change to
+UI.Fri="Ven";

Some corrections... :

In tor.js :
# all the strings "Relai" should be changed in "Relais" and strings "relai" in "relais" ;
# +torS.TRly="Relai Tor (recommendé)"; => +torS.TRly="Relais Tor (recommandé)";

In plugins.js :
# +pgS.Chroot="Change Plugin Root"; => +pgS.Chroot="Modifier la racine des plugin";

In port.js :
# +prtS.USpd="Upload speed to report"; => +prtS.USpd="Vitesse upload à reporter";
# +prtS.DSpd="Download speed to report"; => +prtS.USpd="Vitesse download à reporter";

My cent...
Frederic
Netgear WNDR4300v1 with Gargoyle v1.9.2 (formerly 1.8.1)

scrmtrey

Post by scrmtrey »

This topic gives me idea.

Can i translate to Slovenian language (Slovenia,Slovene) and then you can include it to download on official gargoyle plugin site? ( so people can use this other than me)
wdr3600 v1.5 @ Latest ispyisail build

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

scrmtrey wrote:This topic gives me idea.

Can i translate to Slovenian language (Slovenia,Slovene) and then you can include it to download on official gargoyle plugin site? ( so people can use this other than me)
Of course.

Same instructions as per here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5077#p32026

When you're finished, send them my way and I'll package them into a plugin for you. :)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ViBE

Post by ViBE »

Lantis wrote:
scrmtrey wrote:This topic gives me idea.

Of course.

Same instructions as per here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5077#p32026

When you're finished, send them my way and I'll package them into a plugin for you. :)
i just started a translation project. but not sure am i did it right. i forked the whole source and created a similar folder with similar path and then created the .js files. i see now commits/patches on my subsite. it's just a partial translation. i uploaded only files what fully done. i dunno is it a good idea to contribute any of these till it's not finished so please give me some advice.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Best to wait until you are finished. I am happy to assist creating the package once it is done.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ViBE

Post by ViBE »

Lantis wrote:Best to wait until you are finished. I am happy to assist creating the package once it is done.
it's in a usable state basically but some sites are in an early state. you recommend to finish all scripts first?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Yes it will be quicker to do the whole thing at once :)