Gargoyle-ispy 2013-September-04.7z

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

pmerrill

Re: Gargoyle-ispy 2013-September-04.7z

Post by pmerrill »

Have you tried selecting some other channel besides an edge channel? Channel 1 and 11, at least here in the US, are considered edge channels and its harder to get main+aux channel (HT40) working correctly when an edge channel is selected.
I have tried 1 and 11, similar result. I just gave 6 a go but again, no luck.

The funny thing is that nothing much has changed in the neighbourhood and it used to work. In the last few weeks it just stopped and I can get it to come back to two channels.
Paul
Gargoyle 1.11.x on TP-Link Archer C7 V2 H/W

maivorbim

Post by maivorbim »

Gargoyle running great on WNDR3700v1.

Settings:
-2.4 ghz client bridge
- 5ghz set as ap
-extroot
-running transmission
-running vsftpd
-running samba/cifs/nfs
-usb performance tweaks

Tor never worked for me, so don't know if it works or not.

Bigdaddy

Post by Bigdaddy »

ispyisail wrote:USE AT YOU OWN RISK

Gargoyle-ispy 2013-September-04.7z
http://goo.gl/abW8w3

bump openwrt version
Can someone explain to me how to install this update on a WNDR3700 v1

Thank you

maivorbim

Post by maivorbim »

Hey ispyisail, any chance of an OC build?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

maivorbim wrote:Hey ispyisail, any chance of an OC build?
???

maivorbim

Post by maivorbim »

Sorry, what i meant to say is there a chance you could compile an overclocked WNDR3700 build, similar to this one:

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php ... 06#p204106
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=38777

maivorbim

Post by maivorbim »

I need a little help. I am trying to build a custom image for my WNDR3700v1, but after i succesfully compile with make ar71xx.usb_large, there is no image created for wndr3700. all i can see in the bin directory are images for wndr3700v2, wndr3800, wndrmac etc. How do i fix this?

LE: fixed it, had to use make ar71xx.usb instead
Last edited by maivorbim on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Batublock

Post by Batublock »

Upgrade firmware (sysupgrade) on TL-WDR4300, TL-MR3420 and TL-WR740N V4 .
1) TOR didn't work on TL-WDR4300- plugin page show not install and still not working after installation (i'm not using TOR so i just ignore)
2) System logs and wifi schedule not working on all router after update - plugin page allso show not install. need to reinstall and working back normally.
3) need to click save on all setting for example dynamic dns,usb storage before it works again.

i guess nothing significant change happen to network wireless/wired connection. maybe will stick to this firmware till next gargoyle version.

#maybe i will try a fresh update and come back with some result.

buddee

Post by buddee »

Batublock wrote: 3) need to click save on all setting for example dynamic dns,usb storage before it works again.
Yes, longer i had this roll running on my wzr-hp-g300nh the more i started noticing this too. For me, basically i had to re-configure everything and save those values regardless of whether they were already entered or not. TOR however doesn't work correctly even if i save value, it just isn't working correctly as it did on 1.5.10 or previous builds before that, doesn't matter what i set in its options, it'll either come on and work - but not be able to shut it off, or just doesn't work at all.

On a better note though, this roll has had better wireless performance when compared to previous builds, all modes i select actually at their correct speeds and thruput for me.

maivorbim

Post by maivorbim »

I have a question, are these builds made with the default configs that come after you clone the gargoyle git? Or are there any modifications to the config files?

Here's my situation:
I've succesfully built an image with make ar71xx.usb (only modifications to the config file were to enable crda and regd), i flashed it on my WNDR3700 router, set it as a Wireless Bridge to connect to my other router, the main router shows that WNDR3700 is connected.

My network is as follows:
ADSL Modem ----- Main Router (AP) )))))) WNDR3700 )))))))) Wireless clients

--- = cable
))) = wireless

The problem is that any clients that connect to my WNDR3700 receive an ip, can shortly load the gargoyle router management page, but after a few seconds the clients cannot access anything, neither the WNDR3700 Gargoyle management page, neither the main router AP management page, nor the internet.

If i disconnect from the wireless AP and try to reconnect, i can no longer obtain an ip address. Any ideas what causes this?

Best regards