Gargoyle-ispy 2013-May-02.7z

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

Re: Gargoyle-ispy 2013-May-02.7z

Post by ispyisail »

RomanHK wrote:Hello,
I have a tl-wr741nd v4 router, I uploaded your firmware, web interface do not work (you can not log in).

Regards
Roman
???

If you read the thread you will see that it is broken

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

ispyisail: It worked for me because even with FULL_BUILD=true the download directory is preserved. Everything already downloaded has had its md5sum checked.. so no need to wipe it (though a new version may be necessary, in which case that is downloaded and added to the download directory). Here the source for the download changed.. so id you didn't already have it, the build would die, but if you already had it in the download dir it would work.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Eric: I just tried a new build and it still broken?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Code: Select all

make[7]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/brcm47xx-src/build_dir/host/cmake-2.8.9'
make[7]: Entering directory `/home/user/gargoyle/brcm47xx-src/build_dir/host/cmake-2.8.9'
[ 98%] Building CXX object Tests/CMakeLib/CMakeFiles/CMakeLibTests.dir/CMakeLibTests.cxx.o
[ 98%] Building CXX object Tests/CMakeLib/CMakeFiles/CMakeLibTests.dir/testGeneratedFileStream.cxx.o
[ 98%] Building CXX object Tests/CMakeLib/CMakeFiles/CMakeLibTests.dir/testSystemTools.cxx.o
[ 99%] Building CXX object Tests/CMakeLib/CMakeFiles/CMakeLibTests.dir/testUTF8.cxx.o
[ 99%] Building CXX object Tests/CMakeLib/CMakeFiles/CMakeLibTests.dir/testXMLParser.cxx.o
[ 99%] Building CXX object Tests/CMakeLib/CMakeFiles/CMakeLibTests.dir/testXMLSafe.cxx.o
Linking CXX executable CMakeLibTests
make[7]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/brcm47xx-src/build_dir/host/cmake-2.8.9'
[ 99%] Built target CMakeLibTests
make[7]: Entering directory `/home/user/gargoyle/brcm47xx-src/build_dir/host/cmake-2.8.9'
Scanning dependencies of target runcompilecommands
[100%] Building CXX object Tests/CMakeLib/CMakeFiles/runcompilecommands.dir/run_compile_commands.cxx.o
Linking CXX executable runcompilecommands
[100%] Built target runcompilecommands
Scanning dependencies of target foo
[100%] Building CXX object Tests/FindPackageModeMakefileTest/CMakeFiles/foo.dir/foo.cpp.o
Linking CXX static library libfoo.a
[100%] Built target foo
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/brcm47xx-src/build_dir/host/cmake-2.8.9'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/brcm47xx-src/build_dir/host/cmake-2.8.9'
touch /home/user/gargoyle/brcm47xx-src/build_dir/host/cmake-2.8.9/.built
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/brcm47xx-src/tools/cmake'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/brcm47xx-src'
make[2]: *** [/home/user/gargoyle/brcm47xx-src/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.33.2/stamp/.tools_install_nnnnn] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/brcm47xx-src'
make[1]: *** [world] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/gargoyle/brcm47xx-src'
find: `bin': No such file or directory
find: `bin': No such file or directory
ls: cannot access bin: No such file or directory
user@ubuntu:~/gargoyle$

jorgemiguel4

Post by jorgemiguel4 »

I have the same problem here, don't know what's happening... :?

Swimmer

Post by Swimmer »

I've flashed this update in my 1.5.6 but I can't find OpenVPN or USB external HDD in plugins? Is that normal?
Proud owner of Gargoyle in
  • Tp-Link TL-WR1043N
  • Tp-Link TL-WDR3600
  • Linksys WRT1900ACS

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I'm trying to track down the issue with the build (seems like it's just brcm47xx), but it's not showing up consistently for some reason.

Also, I'm out of town this week so I'm doing these builds remotely (via ssh to my home system) -- I was REALLY trying to do a release before I left but I want to figure out what is going on here first.

Swimmer

Post by Swimmer »

I've installed in a tplink1043 (atheros ar71xx).

A new release for gargoyle using the latest OpenWRT build with all the normal stuff is a must.

Can I help with anything eric?
Proud owner of Gargoyle in
  • Tp-Link TL-WR1043N
  • Tp-Link TL-WDR3600
  • Linksys WRT1900ACS

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

ispyisail: I'm having trouble reproducing this second error with the brcm47xx build. I wiped the "downloaded" directory before doing a build this time, so the same issue as before where existing files in this directory were preventing the error from appearing wouldn't pop up, and everything still went smoothly. Could you try checking out the latest source again and trying to build again?

Also, to make sure any error printed is relevant to what actually happened, you can edit build.sh and change line 20 from:

num_build_threads=$(($num_cores + 2))
to:

num_build_threads=1
That will significantly slow down the build (especially on multi-core systems), but it will guarantee that any error messages you see are relevant to what the real problem is.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

building