1.13.x with IPv6 Test Build - 20200619

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

1.13.x with IPv6 Test Build - 20200619

Post by Lantis »

https://lantisproject.com/gargoyle_custom/1.13.x/

These builds are based on OpenWrt 19.07, have IPv6 functionality (in testing) and a few new plugins.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

BJReplay

Re: 1.13.x with IPv6 Test Build - 20200619

Post by BJReplay »

Running now.

As per earlier builds, currently only IPv6 internally, IPv4 WAN connection to Optus.

IPv4 DDNS now working with ZoneEdit :D without needing to patch ddns_providers.conf

Another (free) month with Optus before I transfer to an IPv6 supporting ISP, then I can start testing with IPv6 WAN.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

It would be great to hear your feedback once you've moved RSPs.

Of interest, who are you moving to?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

BJReplay

Post by BJReplay »

I'm definitely going to sign up to Launtel's free trial, and if it is good, stick with them. Fallback is AussieBB.

wordpr3ss

Post by wordpr3ss »

Nice work! Seems working fine as a gateway, but not as the following setup (had to revert):

Device Name:Gargoyle
Gargoyle Version:1.12.X (Built 20200610-0028 git@80899c80)
Model:NETGEAR WNDRMACv2
Device Configuration:Wireless Bridge/Repeater
Memory Usage:22.5MB / 122.1MB (18.4%)
Connections:20/4096
CPU Load Averages:0.00 / 0.00 / 0.00 (1/5/15 minutes

When configured as a repeater, right after reboot, I lost UI access (only get a purpleish background after login), before I can ssh to get some log, it would disappear from network (wifi interface is still active though).

sorry that i don't have a log.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Are you running 1.13 or 1.12? Your copy paste there shows the latter...

If you lose access to a repeater, set a static IP on its dummy IP Range and access from there.

wordpr3ss

Post by wordpr3ss »

Lantis wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:00 pm
Are you running 1.13 or 1.12? Your copy paste there shows the latter...

If you lose access to a repeater, set a static IP on its dummy IP Range and access from there.
Thanks. I was showing the status after I reverted to 1.12, just to provide router ids.

I guess I can try lan port when I have some time to try it again.

BJReplay

Post by BJReplay »

Lantis wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:09 am
It would be great to hear your feedback once you've moved RSPs.

Of interest, who are you moving to?
Churned to Launtel today.

IPv6 is working:
  • Picks up IPv6 Wan address (/48 block of addresses) using connect via DHCPv6
  • Allocates IPv6 to clients (DHCPv6 enabled, router advertisements enabled, Stateless)
  • DDNS for an IPv4 DYN A entry worked eventually - didn't capture the log output, but failed a couple of times before working
  • Devices that need to talk to the outside world are working.
  • Devices that need to be reachable from the outside (security cameras) over IPv4 are working
At some point while enabling IPv6 on the connection and/or the DHCP server page, my manually configured hosts and ethers were wiped (quick to restore fixed IP allocations), and I just ended up with the hosts file with the entry for gargoyle.

I'll play around and try to repro on the weekend.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Be aware that host definitions are now stored in /etc/config/dhcp which is probably different from what you are used to in older versions.
The hosts file is still populated to assist DNS resolution.

Another note, stateless is ok, but you'll have a hell of a time attaching any firewall rules to your devices because they'll move addresses more than you change your underwear. I definitely recommend stateful if you're going to do anything like that (noting that android based devices will not gain IPv6 connectivity)

Thanks for reporting in!

stevencox

Post by stevencox »

ImageTP-Link Archer C7 V2. All along since last last year, and all the test builds in between I have been trying, I have had the wireless dies on me after about a week, a simple reboot brings it back to life. Whilst the wireless is down, the LAN side is still working fine. I have both 2.4 and 5ghz setup, no guest network, everything pretty much default on a home network, about a dozen wifi clients, phones ipads etc. I have the router setting to reboot set everyday at 4am to try avert this but doesn't seem to help, did it again yesterday arvo and again this morning wifi dies. So, this morning I went from 1.12.X (Built 20200610-0028 git@80899c80) to 1.13.X (Built 20200618-1220 git@080ae75c) and did not preserve settings. At the 1.13 login screen I got the message as shown at the top of the login page. I logged in & did a default, let it reboot, then did a hard power off for luck, then let it boot up and loaded a backup config. I am running qos with the simple rules, per the thread on here, enabled with defaults just adjusting my isp speeds. The Usb has a stick in it for file sharing set up as CIFS. I have 2 port forwards. This is on NBN coming from a separate Draytek modem, the C7 just running DHCP to grab a fixed ip from the isp. I do use custom DNS 1.1.1.2 and 1.0.0.2 and force clients to use these. Outside of all that it's stock standard and works perfect, just the wifi thing. I though the message I got may help. I am still not too fussed with the wifi dying but would be nice if it didn't do it :-) I'll only know in a week or so if this build does it as well - I'll report back. NB: I posted here as it's highly likely it will continue in this build as previous builds & maybe it can get fixed.