Experimental build of Gargoyle 1.11.0 for ipq806x architecture routers

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

mlira1

Re: Experimental build of Gargoyle 1.11.0 for ipq806x architecture routers

Post by mlira1 »

pythonic wrote:Glad to hear that you're now able to use nearly all your WAN bandwidth!

It is interesting though - and a little disappointing - that the upload throughput didn't gain proportionally as much as the download throughput...

BTW, is this with ACC enabled?
Yes, but strange enough I've seen it happen on OpenWRT too (the DL/UL unbalance).

This was with ACC disabled.

Sunaikinti

Post by Sunaikinti »

Can you update to the latest ispy? That way we're on openwrt 1806.4.

pythonic

Post by pythonic »

Sunaikinti wrote:Can you update to the latest ispy? That way we're on openwrt 1806.4.
My original intention with these builds was to stay close to the released version that was available for the supported devices. I've sort of been hoping that there would be a 1.11.1 wrap-up release that I could move forward to in order to continue with that objective, but that seems unlikely at this point.

I also don't have hosting space for multiple builds concurrently so am trying to juggle several objectives, but I am considering an update to the latest git version (which is what I understand the ispy builds are).

Sunaikinti

Post by Sunaikinti »

Ok. Either way I'll be watching this thread for updates. I really like it's performance on the R7500v2. Wish I knew how to compile it myself. Anyways, thanks so much! Maybe they can host it on lantisproject.com?

Sunaikinti

Post by Sunaikinti »

Upnp does not work with ps4, but works with Xbox one. Needs to be more like openwrt, so you can choose between igd1 or igd2. Also you can deny ports to certain ips.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

That problem will be solved in the future with an updated version of miniupnpd.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

bluegravy

Post by bluegravy »

I just got this running on a brand new Netgear R7800 Nighthawk x45 AC2600 router. Very easy to install the factory image over the atrocious Netgear GUI. So far no issues have been noted. I added the CPU config into the rc.local file and found my thruput is not bad on it. I am subscribed to 1Gbps/45Mbps via Comcast Cable.

Oh...how to I add the patch file to the config? Not sure how to do that via CLI.

Thanks,

Andy in DC, USA

bluegravy

Post by bluegravy »

Looks like a couple of issues have been noted..

-I'm unable to get the 5Ghz radio to activate. 2.4Ghz is working fine.
-I am unable to enable AdBlock. I can check the boxes, but after saving config, the boxes are unchecked.

Thanks,

Andy

pythonic

Post by pythonic »

bluegravy wrote:Oh...how to I add the patch file to the config? Not sure how to do that via CLI.
Which patch file are you referring to? If you downloaded the package after June 12, the firmware images include the patch mentioned in the notes. The patched file was also included in the archive for anyone who wished to try and build firmware themselves (e.g. to customise the included plugins etc).

pythonic

Post by pythonic »

bluegravy wrote:-I'm unable to get the 5Ghz radio to activate. 2.4Ghz is working fine.
@mlira1 was able to get it to work but not on channel 149 (DFS affected maybe?). What settings are you trying to use for the 5GHz radio?

Unfortunately I don't have any 5GHz clients myself to test this.
bluegravy wrote:-I am unable to enable AdBlock. I can check the boxes, but after saving config, the boxes are unchecked.
I presume that you have installed the AdBlock plug-in included in the archive - apart from perusing the development thread the only suggestion I can offer is to make sure logging is enabled and check the router log for error messages when you try and do the configuration.