Asus RT-AC58U

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: Asus RT-AC58U

Post by Lantis »

I haven’t provided any of those special files required.
What you may be able to do is follow those instructions to get to LEDE/Openwrt, and then sysupgrade to Gargoyle.

This is all hypothetical though.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ViBE

Post by ViBE »

Lantis wrote:I haven’t provided any of those special files required.
What you may be able to do is follow those instructions to get to LEDE/Openwrt, and then sysupgrade to Gargoyle.

This is all hypothetical though.
yeah i know. it's absolutely hypothetical right now. first need a working Gargoyle build... which is a problem :| modifying or strip an existing full image is easier than this as far as i know.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I provided you one...
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ViBE

Post by ViBE »

Lantis wrote:I provided you one...
oh, sorry. my bad. i was in a hurry when first read your comment. many thanks. i will take a try soon.

ViBE

Post by ViBE »

done. just flashed and looks okay now! i cannot install modules/packages/etc. is that normal? and it's not clear why only ~55MB shown at the plugin page for root. it has 128MB. also experiencing the same IPv6 issue i think like on my Xiaomi Mi Router 3G.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Yes because I didn’t provide you any.
If you want to take this further you should build your own and include the packages you are after.

IPV6 is not supported in Gargoyle.
The error is probably because I accidentally included a module which we don’t need in both targets. It shouldn’t cause any issues.

The partitions are probably set upstream. It’s pretty typical to not get the full space. Remember that some of the space is taken by the kernel, wireless calibration Data, bootloader etc.

ViBE

Post by ViBE »

Lantis wrote:Yes because I didn’t provide you any.
If you want to take this further you should build your own and include the packages you are after.

IPV6 is not supported in Gargoyle.
The error is probably because I accidentally included a module which we don’t need in both targets. It shouldn’t cause any issues.

The partitions are probably set upstream. It’s pretty typical to not get the full space. Remember that some of the space is taken by the kernel, wireless calibration Data, bootloader etc.
i also stuck with the custom build. i guess making packages and understand this whole ecosystem will take a life for me if i don't find something straight forward article to do these things. of course it's not your fault. do you mean that you not going to add official support for this target? i don't know how these things work. but i know it takes a lot of time for me to figure out everything to get an exact fully working build like my supported devices. i could use OpenWRT instead but it's seems illogical for my brain and the GUI kills me.

so Gargoyle try to use IPv6 by default in this case? my HGW supports it, but it's blocked by ISP and my connection is IPv4 yet. it's a VDSL area. this and the Xiaomi router can access the net. do you mean that the clients problem is not related with this? both have issue with this.

sounds logical. is there any way to check how much ROM Gargoyle can detect?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I think you should buy a supported device

Its not possible to support every device in the world

ViBE

Post by ViBE »

looks like the net issue is gone. not sure what caused it but i guess my HGW's settings are not correct.

is this normal? https://i.imgur.com/UeRYMGK.jpg

and i also realised that my ISP already allowed dual stack so i tried out and looks like i have now IP6 too gladly. i set IPv6 at config to auto. can it cause any trouble in general?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I’m going to repeat myself one more time...

IPv6 is NOT supported by Gargoyle.
If you try to make it work on your device, I can NOT help you.
None of the modules (QoS, quotas, bwmon, restrictions, anything) are written to handle it.